Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lott on BET

88Comrade2000

Well at least he went into the Lions Den, though the interviewer was O.K.

It was kind of funny watching the congressman get all hot. If they are to hold everyone to the fire and demand censure- then I think the same thing should be done to democrats. Robert Byrd comes to mind.

What the general white population thinks helps blacks; isn't necessary what the general black population thinks will help them.

Lott- your done as majority leader and there will be a push for censure.

I agree that everybody should be held to the same level or integrity. However, this whole Byrd thing wasn't last week. Trying to shift the focus from whats happening now is just weak.

However, if you want to beat up Byrd...then he's on the same level as Strom, since they were the guys who said/did the bad ****.....not Lott who just said something stupid in supporting one the guys stances from 50 years ago.

The Byrd comparisons are irrelevant.

If Daschle had said "I wish Byrd were President when he was a member of the KKK" or something, THAT should demand equal treatment.

As said above, Byrd's past is more comparable to Thurmand's in this situation.

The key here is that not only can Lott not effectively lead anymore, he is now harming a Republican party that has been making strides in courting minority voters over the last decade. He turned himself into a liability and he has no one to blame but himself.

redman....you nailed it.....my feeling is that Lott demonstrated such utter stupidity in what he said and his follwo-up actions that he cannot/shoul not be in a position of leadership. I am so angry over this that if he remains in power, I will take my wrath out at the voting booth regardless of who the Republican candidates are in the next election. The leadership better be careful on this one, there's a lot of hidden anger.

As for the dems....we all know that they have always been an "ends justify the means" party. hence, the kennedy's, torrecilli's and byrds of their world stay in power, without censure, until the press or public outcry forces their hand. While angry with the Republicans, I expect so little in the way of ethics from Dems that it is not an issue for me!!

Archived