Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Randy Moss for Hall of Fame? Paul Zimmerman Votes No

nebster21

Posted May 11th 2007 1:40PM by Michael David Smith

Filed under: Patriots, Raiders, Vikings, NFL Media Watch, NFL Hall of Fame

http://www.aolsportsblog.com/2007/05/11/randy-moss-for-hall-of-fame-paul-zimmerman-votes-no/

Sports Illustrated NFL writer Paul Zimmerman is one of the voters for the Pro Football Hall of Fame, and he's at his best when he's weighing the pros and cons of an individual player's enshrinement. Zimmerman spends long hours watching game tape and taking detailed notes, and you can bet that when he expresses an opinion about whether a player is worthy of Canton, it's a well-informed opinion.

So it's interesting to note that Zimmerman (often known as Dr. Z) is dead-set against Randy Moss getting into the Hall of Fame.

As long as I'm a selector, the Canton Highway will be a very difficult road for Moss. I don't care how many great years he gives the Patriots. The guy's a dog, and there are too many people who spent years of sacrifice without getting a sniff from the Hall.

I have a feeling that that will be the majority opinion when Moss comes up for Hall of Fame election several years from now, and that's probably how I'd vote, too. As spectacular as Moss has been at times, he's also been a negative force too often. I disagree with Zimmerman, though, when he says he doesn't care how many great years Moss gives the Patriots. I still think Moss could have a few very good years left in him, and that might be enough to punch his ticket to Canton.

I wonder if he is the driving force behind MOnk not getting in? Either way I think it is a bold statement from Zimmerman.

you "wonder" if he's the force? have you been living on the moon for the last 6-7 years?

by the way, i disagree with everything paul zimmerman said.... in the last decade

and i disagree with anyone saying his opinion is an informed one

I think Lenny is up there in his push to keep Monk out. I am sure the HOF staff from Texas is not looking to put monk in there either.

I think Lenny is up there in his push to keep Monk out. I am sure the HOF staff from Texas is not looking to put monk in there either.

I'm not sure Lenny has a vote. The two biggest co-sponsors of keeping Monk OUT have been Zimmerman and Peter King. King, however, at least publicly, recanted that opinion last year and said he would vote for Monk to get into the Hall after a discussion with Gibbs about Monk's importance to the 'skins dynasty.

But Dr. ZZZZZZZZZ remains loyal to the church of jackass and not only refuses to vote a deserving player in, but writes an article each year about why not to vote for Monk

Paul Zimmerman is long past senile

Can't you picture him watching "game film" (aka some **** he recorded on his TIVO that past weekend) and falling asleep halfway through. The guy is such a joke. He looks like a short beareded rumple stilt skin.

Sorry, Randy Moss has been the most dangerous receiver in the NFL since he set foot on the field. He never won a superbowl, but if he wins one, and say, gets superbowl MVP, he's a first ballot hall of famer. he might do questionable ****, but he can also be a good guy, i've read hes very charitable to the poor in WV. he's the kind of guy, that puts up HOF stats, which he has, and probably hasn't maxxed out his potential.

Archived