Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What George Tenet is saying...

JMS

Of course there were good plans to invade Iraq. They were the most recently fought war, we still had a major military presence in Saudia Arabia to counter act them, and they had repeatedly been in violation of various UN resolutions. If 9-11 had been caused by Iraq and there hadn't been good plans for an invasion, people would have criticized the Pentagon.

I didn't mean battle plans. I meant plans connecting Iraq to Al Queda to 9/11 and specific targets within Iraq that were to "blame."

Well, it's not like Tenet is the first to say people in the Admin knew. He might be the biggest to admit it, but this is old news. Admin wants war + Admin knew 9/11 was coming = America is on board.

Everything short of Bush coming out and saying " we let 9/11 happen because we wanted to go to war in Iraq " seems to be coming to light and people still seem to be putting thier heads in the sand.

Sorry.

I'm one of the famous people who've called Bush Hitler, and even I don't believe that the guy, if he knew the details of 9/11, would have let them happen. Not believable.

(Now, if you want to claim that Bush thought AQ was going to hijack some planes and kill a few grandmothers, that I'd believe. I could imagine the White House allowing what they thought was a plain old hijacking to happen. But if you claim that they knew 3,000 people would die, than I don't believe it.)

Of course there were good plans to invade Iraq. They were the most recently fought war, we still had a major military presence in Saudia Arabia to counter act them, and they had repeatedly been in violation of various UN resolutions. If 9-11 had been caused by Iraq and there hadn't been good plans for an invasion, people would have criticized the Pentagon.

And don't forget "We'd been running daily air missions over their territory, and they'd been shooting at our aircraft." Knowing the exact locations of every Iraqi military unit was kind of a priority at the time.

Archived