Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CT: Briggs trade still on ... or is it?

bubba9497

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/rosenblog/2007/04/briggs_trade_st.html

click link for full article

Briggs trade still on ... or is it?

The Washington Post is reporting that NFL sources are saying there’s a 50-50 chance that Lance Briggs will be traded to the Redskins before the sixth pick in tomorrow’s NFL draft. The story says one trade scenario is mostly what you’ve heard -- the sixth pick for Briggs and the Bears’ 31st pick. But the story says the teams have discussed other scenarios.

By the way, the guy the Bears supposedly wanted in the trade but whom the Redskins refused to include -- Rocky McIntosh -- has knee problems. So, this whole thing continues to get dumber.

Whatever, with the sixth or 31st pick in the first round of the 2007 NFL draft, the Chicago Bears select … someone with priors. Look, with Jerry Angelo’s history, it’s a race to see whether his draft picks get a starting job before they get arrested.

What NFL teams will do in the draft is one thing. What they should do is a whole other kind of mock draft. And what the Bears should do is draft a wide receiver, it says here.

History says either JaMarcus Russell or Brady Quinn will be a miserable failure. Question is, which one? Answer is, whichever quarterback is taken by the Lions.

With the first pick in the 2007 NFL draft, the Oakland Raiders select … the wrong player.

Rocky had a scope his senior year at the U I believe. He has high first round talent, but dropped due to injury. I think he went in to have the knee cleaned up in January, but that is not unusual. He could have had fluid buildup or some weird scar tissue that needed work. I think Rocky's knees are fine.

when did Rocky get bad knees?
This was actually posted in a prior thread, at miami one year he missed a bunch of games with knee problems, then later missed more time with shoulder problems.

I guess he has a little history of injuries, but the same report said when healthy he won his starting job back. so who knows?

Hopefully this won't happen. We don't need Briggs right now.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Bears | Team not willing to make Briggs trade

Fri, 27 Apr 2007 16:16:03 -0700

Adam Schefter, of NFL Network, reports the Chicago Bears do not want to make the trade with the Washington Redskins for LB Lance Briggs as it currently stands. Under the current proposal, the Bears would trade Briggs and the 31st overall pick for the sixth overall pick. The Bears are unwilling because they would then want to trade down to accumulate picks, but no team seems to want to offer what the Bears would want for the sixth pick.

Hopefully this won't happen. We don't need Briggs right now.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Bears | Team not willing to make Briggs trade

Fri, 27 Apr 2007 16:16:03 -0700

Adam Schefter, of NFL Network, reports the Chicago Bears do not want to make the trade with the Washington Redskins for LB Lance Briggs

I don't know who said no to who but I guess it really doesn't matter because the Skins will always look like the idiots via the media. Just sits wrong with me. :doh:

Archived