Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Meadowlands

Sherlock Holmes

Last season, as some of you know, my brother, my father and I travelled over to watch the Titans game. Not a good decision it turned out, as obviously we lost the game. However, we loved the experience of Washington DC, and watching a game in person.

This season, we were thinking about attending another game, and possibly a road game. To get my mother to co-operate, we figured that a weekend in New York, whilst taking in the Redskins vs. Jets game, was the best option.

All I wanted to know is, what are the Jets fans like, are they likely to be welcoming/abusive/angry/happy to see us? What's the stadium like, is it hard to get to etc.

Thanks in advance for any help. :cheers:

I'd imagine they'd be less hostile than their Giant fan cousins but no one is ever terribly happy to see an opposing fan. I've been to three road games in Tampa; the first time I was alone, embarassingly drunk and annoying but no one bothered me, for the playoff game they were trying to start fights even in front of my mother, and the third time there were so many Redskins fans that it really was FedEx South.

So basically, it all comes down to where you go for a road game and what the situation is like for the home team. It's especially helpful to bring as many Redskins fans with you as possible.

Ive been there once to see a Skins/Giants game and of course the Giants won....but regardless the Giants fans were fine the entire time. We got some ribbing when we were losing/lost but thats expected when you go see your team on the road....its not all fun & games after a LOSS on the road.

However after a win on the road its the absolute best.

I heard that Jets fans are on the same level as Philly fans at their home games. I have not been to a Jets game in New York but I have been to ALOT of Giants games. So let me know what they are like up there. Of course with my cousin being a Jet fan I might have to make the trip up their myself.

I imagine the Jets fans wouldn't be too bad as we are not in their division/ conference and have no real rivalry with them. Most of the time when stuff happens with opposing fans in any given stadium its because the road fans are trying to start to trouble. If youre respectful you most likely will have no problems.

I have been to many road games on the college and pro level and even went down to Dallas last year for the week 2 game with the Skins. Never really had any problems myself except for a little bit of drunken razzing.

However, just because youre safety wont be in danger at the game, does not mean it will be fun if the Skins lose. When your team wins on the road and you are there it is amazing and always a lot of fun. After a loss though, expect to take a lot of crap verbally and expect to get taunted, razzed etc.

I very well may be the Jets game this year as well. There are a ton of Skins fans in the NY area so we should be pretty well represented. Good luck and HTTR.

A couple of years ago we opened the season at home against the Jets. Some Jet fans sat behind me. They were every bit as bad as Eagle fans. They were very rude and vulgar. I would never go to a Jet's game in NY.

I remember that game, the Thursday nighter to kick off the season. John Hall kicking the game winner vs his old team...

You are right, the fans were bad that night. Worse than any Eagle game I've been to, either at Fedex, RFK or the Linc...even the Vet, believe it or not. It seemed like people were in fights all night long.

I find Giants fans at the Meadowlands pretty OK. Coldest game I ever went to was at the meadowlands...18 degrees F, sitting on seats that were never shoveled, so we sat on ice, lol.

Archived