Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC Blog 4/16 Landry info

Skinsinparadise

Nobody is saying its wrong. Its just foolish to think he has no say when it comes to moves. I believe that if Coach Gibbs says "NO", then Mr. Snyder will listen to him. But Lance Briggs haves Vinny and Mr. Snyder written all over it. Lots of hours on the plane to sit and convince the coach that its a good move.

If you or I owned a pro team. You better believe we'd be around at camp and practice and enjoying it all. I wouldn't pace the sidelines during games like Jerruah. But you OWN the team. Know what you own.

Nobody is saying its wrong. Its just foolish to think he has no say when it comes to moves. I believe that if Coach Gibbs says "NO", then Mr. Snyder will listen to him. But Lance Briggs haves Vinny and Mr. Snyder written all over it. Lots of hours on the plane to sit and convince the coach that its a good move.

If you or I owned a pro team. You better believe we'd be around at camp and practice and enjoying it all. I wouldn't pace the sidelines during games like Jerruah. But you OWN the team. Know what you own.

No problem with anything you say. Obviously, you're an important part of the team as the owner of it. It's just foolish to think if he doesn't make the decisions, that he is the one making the decisions, and that is where many on that side of the isle can't quite right themselves. You seem to understand Gibbs makes the call, as he did, by the way, with Briggs. Impart the wisdom to the rest.

Posted at 2:32 PM ET, 04/16/2007

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

Landry Workout

Heard the LSU safety had a killer afternoon working out for the scouts down at LSU. Had someone who was at the event tell me the Skins were well represented including the big cheese on D - Double G Gregg Williams.

This is going to be an interesting two weeks. Plenty of opportunity for movement all over the place from the 6th pick, and plenty of options to select should they stay there. Bottom line to me remains that unless they upgrade that D Line one way or another, their chances of taking a huge leap forward seem scant.

Also wanted to address a few things here now as well. Got a few emails from readers about FA D Lineman Ian Scott and restrited free agent G Stacy Andrews and the Skins alleged interest in them, but acording to multiple sources the Skins have made no contact with either player.

I still won't entirely rule them out from landing an RFA of some sort Asante Samuel and Charles Grant would make sense for them should the Skins go that route), but draft prep is definitely ruling the day at Redskins Park now. They are deep in scouting trips, workouts and kids visiting the Park for interviews. Never rule out this owner wheeeling and dealing for free agents, but the draft is keeping them busy.

I think its more important what GW thought of the workout and how the player fits into what we want to do. We'll see on the April 28th if he impressed GW enough!

I think it could be easy to guess what happened with the Briggs situation.

Mr. Snyder and Vinny spoke with the agent......then they got all up on the idea of trading for Briggs. They brought the idea to the Team President who was probably on the fence from the start. But, they said it would be like moving back for a vet, AND keeping a 1st round pick. So, the Team President was interested.

They talked with the other team, who asked for a player they just traded up for less than 12 months ago. At that point, the Team President put the breaks on the deal because the player they would be trading for would have a nice fat salary, you'd also have the hit from trading your 2nd rounder from last year, and you'd be sending the worst of messages to the players who are on your roster.

Archived