Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When do are the tickets on sale for the upcoming season?

ejay183

Thanks. I've never come up before, (I am in FL) for opening day. Do you guys know from the past any cool promotional stuff that happens -- player appearances, etc or just plain hype the week before the home opener? Trying to guage how early I should come up.

>> I can't recall any such hype. We used to get schedule magnets at the first game and we didn't even get those last year. Therefore, I would be surprised if any cool promotional stuff happens. BTW, since the place is sold out and there is a long waiting list, it's not like Danny needs hype to sell tickets or generate interest. If you come up early, come up to see DC (museums, monuments). The Nationals might be playing if you want to come and see them playing at RFK.

Stubhub prices are a joke. I don't understand why anyone buys from there. Just find a seller on eBay with a solid feedback rating so you know he's reliable and go with that. A note to the locals: If you don't need to make plans that far in advance...if you get on eBay the night before or morning of the game you can find people who are basically willing to salvage whatever they can for tickets that they can no longer use because something came up. You just have to be willing to arrange to meet with them. I've done this several times and have been hung out to dry waiting somewhere and no one showed up but have also gotten some great deals, too. If you're exchanging the tickets in person, though, make sure you exchange the cash in person as well so you don't fall victim to some sort of scam.

Archived