Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 46 defense

RWJ

Gregg Williams was under Buddy Ryan in Houston when Houston ran this DF. If they land Briggs in a trade, I can see then running this DF more easily than the 34 defense. Thoughts/Comments.

Riiiiiiiiiight.......not going to happen.:D

I think you guys are being to hard on our defense. . Remember they were the ones who got us on that run in 05. But I understand they were horrible last year, but we had no consistency with the players (Springs Salave'a Daniels Griffin Washington Prielou and Archuleta losing his starting job) forced new guys in who never really played, Fox Doughty Golsten and Montgomery . To top it off we had coaches acting like little kids and not working together for the benefit of the team. This year we added some players who already know the system so easier transition for them. 05 they developed a good chemistry and last year that was not there. This year barring all those mentioned above happening again our defense I believe will be solid. I also wouldn't be suprised if we do the 46 now and again. It could be just used to throw off opposing offenses for a couple of series. I'm just saying don't shoot down the defense like they are a bunch of bums. Just keep hope alive. You guys sound like a bunch of Eagle fans the way talk about your team ....The Washington Redskins.....HHTR. . .Gota love'em :eaglesuck

The formation is comprised of four down-lineman, three linebackers, and four defensive backs. One of the safeties typically played that formation as a surragate linebacker. It also refers to the idea that the cornerbacks often play bump and run coverage and blitz, acting almost like two extra linebackers.

Kind of like Archuleta's style of play? He probably would have been a good fit for that D, no way we have the personnel to do it right now.

yeah and people still want to draft calvin johnson:doh:

Anyone who does not take Calvin Johnson is stoned, if he is available you take him. He has more potential to be a gamebreaker then the rest of the draftees.

BPA is an understatement in this situation. I really think we need to make our D better but if we draft Adams, is he going to start opposite Carter? So now we have to sides to run at? Our D line just may come back healthy and step up.

I dunno, we can either draft him or watch him light up our defense for years to come.

Just my :2cents:

Archived