Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

what would you rather see...

bornforbattle

CJ is NOT going to be a Redskin!!

Why is everyone thinking this is the case?

I just can't think of a scenario in which the Skins draft him. We have no bargaining power to trade up and he will definately NOT fall to us.

Can we all please wake up and realize that this is not going to happen?

I have a funny feeling that all of this Russell and Briggs talk is nothing but a smokescreen and the Redskins are trying to trade up to get Calvin Johnson in the draft.

Whether or not they have the ammunition is debatable but this is my hunch. All of these trades make little sense for the Redskins and yet someone is floating the rumors anyway. There has to be a reason. I think the Skins are trying to deflect attention away from the fact that they covet Johnson to pair with Moss as targets for Jason Campbell. If the Bucs or anyone else knew what the Skins were up to they could swoop in with a sweeter offer but the Skins are masking their desires well.

Call me crazy, we'll see what happens...

I have a funny feeling that all of this Russell and Briggs talk is nothing but a smokescreen and the Redskins are trying to trade up to get Calvin Johnson in the draft.

Whether or not they have the ammunition is debatable but this is my hunch. All of these trades make little sense for the Redskins and yet someone is floating the rumors anyway. There has to be a reason. I think the Skins are trying to deflect attention away from the fact that they covet Johnson to pair with Moss as targets for Jason Campbell. If the Bucs or anyone else knew what the Skins were up to they could swoop in with a sweeter offer but the Skins are masking their desires well.

Call me crazy, we'll see what happens...

I don't really care about all that, but anything but briggs. We shouldn't trade up for CJ, if he falls to us then definetly grab him, but staying in the top 15, to get an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder and then drafting a top 15 d-line is the way to go.

Honestly, I would love to see CJ at WR because in that situation, there really would be no part of the offense (at least at the skill positions) needed for at least a few years. Then, maybe next season, when we have a full armory of draft picks and a little more cap space, we could add a few young d lineman, and a new member or two in the secondary. With this season being so important for campbell's development, I think it would really help him to have a go to threat in the red zone.

If anything, this post should help us realize that the Redskins are doing nothing more than exploring their options.

So rumours run wild on the internet and press that Briggs is coming to D.C., that a 20M bonus is already in place, that we are trading Jason Campbell, and that Jamarcus Russell will be under center, etc., etc., etc. Big freakin' deal!

Maybe there is a bit of truth to some rumours and some substance exists. The bottom line is nothing is official.

At the end of the day I see a team that is being proactive, and that in and of itself should make us happy as fans. We are testing the waters and seeing what's out there.

My father always tells me to think twice and do my homework before making a decision in life. What the Skins are doing is just that....they are doing their homework.

At the end of the day, if we don't agree with them, that's one thing. However, we won't be able to say that they didn't cover all their bases.

Archived