Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

After watching the Eagles game it is apparent what we lack...

MikeB

For the second straight week I just got done watching the Eagles defeat yet another quality team with a nobody at QB. So I asked myself "how is it this nobody can come in and win a game for them, and actually look good in the process?"

My answer is simply, patience. Not from us mind you, heaven knows we have all been patient. But from the front office. What the Eagles have done is allow their coach to put a system in place and get his players over a period of 3-4 years. Now it is paying off for them big time. You can see that, even with a third stringer in the game who hasn't played a lick, the rest of the team runs so smoothly that there is minimal drop off. Players get injured and the team keeps marching on. Winning.

It hasn't always been easy. Their drafts have been seemingly meaningless. Yet they have a very solid core who are Andy Reid type players. Not players drafted by the owner and handed to the coach. Players the coach wants because they fit his game athletically, and mentally.

Each year the Skins find themselves undertaking huge overhauls of various parts of the team. We'll have another one this year. Until management realizes there are no quick fixes, that resolving a problem requires a plan, we'll be in the same mess.

It sure would be degrading to get beaten by AJ Feely, wouldn't it? Very well might happen friends...

Originally posted by MikeB

It sure would be degrading to get beaten by AJ Feely, wouldn't it? Very well might happen friends...

We've already gotten beaten by Chad Hutchinson, Quincy Carter, and Anthony Wright. The Skins should be used to it by now.

Originally posted by MikeB

For the second straight week I just got done watching the Eagles defeat yet another quality team with a nobody at QB. So I asked myself "how is it this nobody can come in and win a game for them, and actually look good in the process?"

I don't know about looking good in the process on yesterday's game. Feely looked as good as a 3rd stringer can look, but the rest of the offense literally dropped the ball. However, a win is a win.

I am NOT glad Trotter got hurt, but I am happy about him not playing against my Eagles this month. I was concerned he might have done something nasty, since the Birds are soaring and his new team is in the toilet.

Mike you nailed it, the Skins constantly trying to win with these quick fixes, signing over the hill vets, and bringing coaching staffs in and out of here like a revolving door has spelled disaster for us.

When Reid came to Philly he told the city he had a plan and being Philly they booed him and his draft picks but, he stayed the couse and has put together 2 11-5 seasons and now is 9-3 with 3 different QB'S playing. Snyder should watch and learn from this

if he doesn't he is just another fool with money

The bottom line is this:

The Eagles have established consistancy over the past few years with Reid, who has at times taken a bunch of criticism for moves or non moves that he has made. It is paying off for them.

The Redskins need to do the same. Reid released Trotter because he didn't think he fit the team for for the amount of money he was asking. Some of us, including me, have made fun of Reid for this, but look who is getting the last laugh. Do the Eagles miss Trotter? Not one bit. The Redskins need to cut some of the "star" players that are not part of the Team agenda. There are some players that are putting themselves first and I think it is killing the team. Spurrier may make some mistakes and so on, but he is a smart guy and will make this team, minus a few players, into winners just as Reid has done with the Eagles. Our front office may suck, but I believe that Spurrier will push for more control to get the players he needs. That's the only what he's going to win.

Anyone notice N.D. Kalu had four sacks yesterday and two forced fumbles. Now, I know it was against a banged up OT position for the Rams... but that guy was flying around like Superman.

I'm not sure he fit our scheme when he was released, but he sure looks to be a rather important reserve piece for the Eagles. I think it's time we release these aging stars with hidden agendas and start rewarding the young kids who are working to get better.

I agree with others on this board, it's time to see what L. Jackson, B. Jackson, and G. Scott have in them as far as generating a pass rush and stopping the run. Man, I'd love to find a gem at DE in the mold of that DE from Tenn. that has taken the place of J. Kearse. Whats his name? Carlos something?

Tom Modrak brought Kalu to the Eagles. He assembled the team that Reid is using to such advantage. Modrak is in Buffalo. WE MUST BRING HIM HERE!!! (have you seen a common thread running through my recent posts)

Originally posted by joe

Tom Modrak brought Kalu to the Eagles. He assembled the team that Reid is using to such advantage. Modrak is in Buffalo. WE MUST BRING HIM HERE!!! (have you seen a common thread running through my recent posts)

Modrak is excellent and would definitely improve the Redskins. He got elbowed out by Reid in Philly. Personally, I'd rather he stayed in Buffalo for awhile, away from NFC rivals.

Go skins! Beat the Giants!

Archived