Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Arizona Gone Are We The Nfc East Doormats Now?

Chief skin

That leaves us fighting to stay out of last place against a team that we can't seem to beat. If we are not the doormat we are the newspaper laying on the doormat.

On the positive side ... being the doormat, or close to it, in the NFC East also means you are only a couple of games from contending for the title. This is not a HUGE mountain we must climb.

No because unlike the Cards that were out of playoff contention from the beginning of Training Camp we always seem to have circumstances that derail our chances of going to the promise land.

And if we are lucky? we may be able to enhance or draft position but it wouldnt surprise me to see us rebound to 8-8

I think 'doormat' means a team that, year in year out, you look at and chalk up two wins. A team you expect will come in last or second to last every year ... like the Cards. :)

Is that us? Nah. Look at the last 5 years:

In 97 we were 2nd in the division

In 98 we were 4th

In 99 we were 1st

in 00 we were 3rd

in 01 we were 2nd

During that stretch we've had one losing season and never came in last in the division. Not terrible.

It's frustrating that we can't seem to get over the hump, but we aren't exaclty under it either. :) We've been stuck in average for a long time, but that's not the same as being a doormat.

Now, this season? Well, we are 0-3 against the division, so unless we start winning a few we very well could be this year's doormat. Our games against the Cowboys and Giants are at home, which believe it or not does seem to matter, so I reserve judgment until we play them again.

Archived