Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Speeding In Virginia

PotomacSkinsFan

my cousin died in a car accident when a car going 110mph down a highway lost control and pushed him off the road and down a 20 foot drop. and all you care about is money....people like you that don't take other's lives in consideration when driving, piss me off. I seriously hope you have a huge fine, and get your licence taken away.

Actually, when seatbelt legislation first started to appear, and people were debating the morality of such laws, I remember reading a Letter to the Editor on the subject of wearing seatbelts. The author pointed out all the excuses people give for not wearing them. The "What if the car catches fire, or goes under water?" things.

His response was: "I've been a paramedic for 27 years. And in 27 years, I've never transported a patient who was wearing a seatbelt. Every single one of them (who was wearing) was either killed instantly, or walked away under his own power."

This college kid who was a big advocate against seat belt use when the law was passed wrote many op-ed pieces how unsafe seatbelts were well about a week after his final op-ed piece he was a passenger in a car 3 other people including teh driver. only 1 didnt survive and that was him.

Good luck. I tried to get out of two speeding tickets but both times the judge ruled in the favor of the cop without really paying attention to what I was saying. Oh well.

For what it's worth, I had four tickets in my first year of driving, while being pulled over about ten times. After my fourth ticket, I calmed down a lot and now that my record just turned clean a couple of year ago, I'm even more intent on keeping it that way.

Archived