Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does anyone else miss.....

WileCoyote

I have only been watching football for a few years so i wasn't a redskin fan until about 4yrs ago. So I never saw Darrell Green play but I watched America's Game on NFL it was about the 87' redskins and he looked amazing. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think he was the fastest man in the NFL at one point wasn't he? If anyone has any stories of Darrell Green they'd like to share with a newbie I'd love to read them.

I have only been watching football for a few years so i wasn't a redskin fan until about 4yrs ago. So I never saw Darrell Green play but I watched America's Game on NFL it was about the 87' redskins and he looked amazing. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think he was the fastest man in the NFL at one point wasn't he? If anyone has any stories of Darrell Green they'd like to share with a newbie I'd love to read them.

Watch the video of the int in the playoff game against the Bears...pretty much says it all!:cheers:

who cares that Darrell retired, i dont miss him, hes only the greatest redskin EVER!!!! I miss him a whooole bunch, people like Darrell Green come around 1 in 1000000000000. You never ever will get someone with his character and talent, that will play for just the LOVE of the game, like Darrell did these days. These boys out here these days are all about their bank accounts, when if they would just open their eyes, if you play cause you love the game, take a pay cut to help the team sign more good players, then it wont be that hard to win the Super Bowl, or be a winning team. I miss Darrell alot, and wish or hope that he will someday coach some part of this team in the future.

#28 FOREVER MR. REDSKIN

Does anyone else remember in a playoff game against the Rams where Eric Dickerson broke through the line untouched and was heading down the left sideline about to go 80 yds for a score when #28 CAUGHT HIM FROM BEHIND after spoting him 10 yds and also crossed over from the right side of the field? John Madden stated " if there is one play that puts a player in the Hall of fame it is that play." No other player in the NFL could have caught Dickerson with a 10 yd lead never mind going across the field 40 yds. #28 BEST REDSKIN EVER.

best/favorite Redskin EVAR!

I ordered my custom authentic white 'Skins jersey last year #28 with GREEN on the back & they mussied up my order. I live in L.A. & they sent it to Virginia?

anywho...should try it again this year. I'll never forget the way he "baited" the QB's for numerous interceptions & won all of those "NFL's Fastest Man" competitions.

still believe he was better than "Neon" Deion & probably the best CB in the history of the NFL. just never got as much press. I'll always miss that class act.

the most memorable play for me (though it's funny I can't remember who it was against) was his 2nd to last year, just after he had some knee problems in the off-season. they kept talking all pre-season long as well as through the course of the first game & a half about whether he's lost his speed, his "biggest" asset.

the next play he scooped up a fumble (I think it was caused by LaVar) about 15 yards from the near sideline & started at an angle towards that sideline. there was about 7 "defenders" in front of him & probably 6 of them had the angle on him...didn't matter.

after kind of gauging the situation he went from 2nd gear to gone & went untouched to the house. everytime you watch it you go "there's no way...TOUCHDOWN, TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!" that's exactly what the announcers said too.

I'll never forget that display of speed, especially when everybody thought he had lost a step.

one final note...Jerry Rice once said this when asked if Deion Sanders was the best in the league or if there was anybody else who comes to mind...

"the last corner I ever want to see is Darrel Green, 'cuz you know you're going to have to work your a** off just to get 3-4 receptions & maybe 30-40 yards. you won't beat him deep, & you can forget about a touchdown."

Archived