Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What I'd like to see Thurs...

Yomar

Early in this streak I thought the Redskins might break out of it with a huge three touchdown win that really limited the power of the streak. While I still hope Spurrier has something special for them and we can put a huge whooping on them, I've now altered my thoughts on this game against the Cowboys. Last year the Cowboys pretty thoroughly dominated us in our first matchup. But, we had the ball in our hands with a chance to win at the end. Had Davis not fumbled we still would have been dominated, but, we would have won.

For the Redskins I think ANY win is as big mentally as it can be. The team needs to see it has beaten the Cowboys. We've had games they've won and they dominated. They've had games they've dominated and they've won. We just need to get a win.

Now, my dream game is we are absolutely killing them in all ways. Offense, defense and special teams score points. We're up 42-3 with under a minute left and Spurrier calls a 40-yarder for a touchdown. The pro-Dallas announcers start talking about running it up and how that pass may haunt the Redskins in future meetings. Then, Spurrier lines up and goes for two, making it, and after the game explains, "I just wanted to score 50 in their stadium." There would be little as great as that :).

Archived