Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

*** Back to yesteryear and today w/Joe Gibbs!!!***

RWJ

I'm with you there. I think that may have had more to do with it than people think.

I'll bet the farm he's learned from that mistake though.

He referenced the training camp several times in a few of his pressers, especially near the end of the season. If memory serves, he's even said they are looking at some things others in the league do while evaluating what they did as well. Could be something there.

He referenced the training camp several times in a few of his pressers, especially near the end of the season. If memory serves, he's even said they are looking at some things others in the league do while evaluating what they did as well. Could be something there.

I recall Gibbs saying that as well. I also recall him stating that he would sit down and talk with the players about that as well (ie. training on their own, more specialized training instead of all players and positions going thru the exact same routines, etc.).

A lot has changed since Gibbs stepped down 15 yrs ago. Not only the X's and O's and the salary cap, but the players as well. They are much more physically fit and in tune with their own bodies, and know what works best for them individually.

Gibbs has been completely away from the game for those 12 years, so it is only natural (to me anyway) that it may take a bit longer for all the pieces to fit than someone who has been around the game for all that time.

Guest Rafterman
I recall Gibbs saying that as well. I also recall him stating that he would sit down and talk with the players about that as well (ie. training on their own, more specialized training instead of all players and positions going thru the exact same routines, etc.).

A lot has changed since Gibbs stepped down 15 yrs ago. Not only the X's and O's and the salary cap, but the players as well. They are much more physically fit and in tune with their own bodies, and know what works best for them individually.

Gibbs has been completely away from the game for those 12 years, so it is only natural (to me anyway) that it may take a bit longer for all the pieces to fit than someone who has been around the game for all that time.

AGREED

However, Gibbs is running a NASCAR operation and his attention is divided.

There aren't any other part time HC's in the NFL, I sincerely wish that Dan Synder had made that a condition of his empolyment.

Archived