Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Quick Hits on 2006 and moving forward

RedskinsSuperBowl21

The outcome of this season all boils down to play calling, PLAY CALLING and team chemistry regardless of the how bad some aquisitions this off-season panned out. Yes, Saunders and Adam Archuletta need to leave becuase we were fine with out them. On 980, Portis commented on how Gibbs calls the run and Saunders calls the pass, this is disastrous. The team lacks chemistry. Joe Gibbs needs a GM..Dan Snyder should not have any say in who and what is on the off-season shopping list. I like Betts but we have Portis and Ducket and they will be more than adequate...the Front Office should work on a package to send Betts to NY Jets for Kerry Rhodes maybe throw in Patten.. Draft Jamal Anderson and some OL and DT's. Re-sign Dockery. Work Carlos Rogers hard in the off-season. Do NOT move Springs to Safety that is just desperate and not smart. Don't forget we still have Pierson Prioleau on our roster. James Thrash, Clinton Portis, Marcus Washington, Sean Taylor, Rock Cartwright, Randle El and Chris Cooley are all CORE REDSKINS and the locker and team chemistry next season relies on their ability to step forward and lead the rest of the players young and old in the right direction. :2cents:

Duckett is a core Redskin.

we dont need duckett...

i have a question...

WHAT DOES DUCKETT DO THAT MIKE SELLERS CANT DO?

Sellers is more fun to watch, and he seems to always get the 1st down when he gets a handoff....i guarentee that Sellers would have got that 3rd and 1 vs the Rams in OT

we dont need duckett...

i have a question...

WHAT DOES DUCKETT DO THAT MIKE SELLERS CANT DO?

Sellers is more fun to watch, and he seems to always get the 1st down when he gets a handoff....i guarentee that Sellers would have got that 3rd and 1 vs the Rams in OT

I actually agree with this..I believe there is a misunderstanding of what a core redskins is...it has nothing to do with stats..

also I dont want to see betts go but with a healthy portis and ducket or sellers back there too I think the organization would be cheating themselves if we didnt shop betts around...I brought up the Jets trade as a suggestion because and solid running back is a big need for them as a DB is a big need for us...

so on that note if the Redskins were to shop Ladell Betts around...to whom and for whom would you expect in a trade for Betts

duckett isnt even under contract. u are talking about the core redskins, yet u want to trade one away in betts, who took a much smaller contract than he could have gotten elsewhere just to stay in dc and to not be the featured back. u make some good points but trading away betts, a true redskin, is baffling if u want to keep the core guys together

1. Why would the Jets trade their Pro Bowl Safety?

2. Duckett is as good as gone so no need for you to think he will be a redskin next year.

Vilma is their pro bowl middle linebacker . . . And there are rumors that he doesn't like playing in the 3-4 system (although they did seem to abandon it in their playoff game I watched). But there is absolutely no way any team will be getting Vilma for anything less than a starter AND a first round draft pick. If we try to trade just Betts and Patten for him, we'd just get laughed at.

The whole Duckett thing intrigues me . . . I was expecting him to say something that indicated that he cannot wait to hit free agency . . . But you never know.

Vilma is their pro bowl middle linebacker . . . And there are rumors that he doesn't like playing in the 3-4 system (although they did seem to abandon it in their playoff game I watched). But there is absolutely no way any team will be getting Vilma for anything less than a starter AND a first round draft pick. If we try to trade just Betts and Patten for him, we'd just get laughed at.

The whole Duckett thing intrigues me . . . I was expecting him to say something that indicated that he cannot wait to hit free agency . . . But you never know.

How does the Duckett thing intrugue you? He is as good as gone why would he want to resign here? We just resigned Betts so Duckett is gone. We will not be getting Vilma or Rhodes from the Jets some of you guys play Madden way to much.

Getting rid of Saunders now would be horrible for Campbell's development.

Bingo. Why are people trying to kick Saunders to the curb now? First of all we had been told numerous times that the system is great but complex and usually takes a season to really get a grasp of it but for some reason we all seemed to just think "nahh, we'll take it and go to the Super Bowl". We need to give it another year. Our offensive production wasn't bad considering that we first had to deal with Brunell in there then with Campbell being tossed in with about a week of practice with the 1st string. Our defense is the main failure this year, not our offense. Secondly, Campbell really does need some consistency. 6 systems in 6 years and now we want to say "just kidding, trash this last system we're going to this now" just as he is getting comfortable with the current setup? We need consistency, not more maniacal shuffling around of everything as a knee-jerk reaction.

I agree about the Gibbs/Saunders run/pass playcalling thing. That is asinine. If someone is going to call plays let them call plays. Then again we also don't know the exact details of how it works. Either way, look at Saunders' past teams' offenses. They had plenty of run as well as vertical attacks. Why does everyone seem to think he is only about passing?

Bingo. Why are people trying to kick Saunders to the curb now? First of all we had been told numerous times that the system is great but complex and usually takes a season to really get a grasp of it but for some reason we all seemed to just think "nahh, we'll take it and go to the Super Bowl". We need to give it another year. Our offensive production wasn't bad considering that we first had to deal with Brunell in there then with Campbell being tossed in with about a week of practice with the 1st string. Our defense is the main failure this year, not our offense. Secondly, Campbell really does need some consistency. 6 systems in 6 years and now we want to say "just kidding, trash this last system we're going to this now" just as he is getting comfortable with the current setup? We need consistency, not more maniacal shuffling around of everything as a knee-jerk reaction.

I agree about the Gibbs/Saunders run/pass playcalling thing. That is asinine. If someone is going to call plays let them call plays. Then again we also don't know the exact details of how it works. Either way, look at Saunders' past teams' offenses. They had plenty of run as well as vertical attacks. Why does everyone seem to think he is only about passing?

I wholeheartedly agree with this poster . . . The one single thing that we can do to already set this team back for next year is to fire saunders. We've made the committment to him, and for jason's sake, we have to stay with it.

How does the Duckett thing intrugue you? He is as good as gone why would he want to resign here? We just resigned Betts so Duckett is gone. We will not be getting Vilma or Rhodes from the Jets some of you guys play Madden way to much.

It intrigues me just because at times he showed that he could be serviceable for us . . . and if he is willing to take less money and show that he is a character guy, with the hope that we will succeed, having a big back is always a plus

KEEP Saunders. First of all, it would stunt Campbell's growth terribly. Not another OC for him. Second of all, this team had a top offense in the latter part of the season. There is no reason why it wont carry over to next season. Please, please not get rid of Saunders at this point. If you want to get rid of a coordinator, get rid of Mr. ****y Gregg Williams.

Getting rid of Saunders is the dumbest thing this team can do. Its best to keep him around unless some of us are patience enough for Campbell development to start over, and most of us arent.

I agree. but damn i had alot more fun watching the offense of 2005 and with the rumors that saunders prefers betts and he doesnt use portis catching out of the backfield bothers me alot

Vilma is listed as 6'1 and 230 on foxsports? and he plays MLB? or ILB

archuletta 6'0 and 223 as listed on foxsports?

maybe?

I agree. but damn i had alot more fun watching the offense of 2005 and with the rumors that saunders prefers betts and he doesnt use portis catching out of the backfield bothers me alot

just saw this, but i like seeing portis score, i like seeing the leader of the team score. when betts scores i just think, another td lost for portis.

Archived