Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Years Eve dinner help.

cracka

Happy New year Skins fans,

I've searched for a couple recipes and nothing real great stands out. I'm making a 10lb Prime Rib for New Years Eve and i was wondering if anyone had any recipes or suggestions that they have used in the past?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated..

Go Skins! :gaintsuck

Happy New year Skins fans,

I've searched for a couple recipes and nothing real great stands out. I'm making a 10lb Prime Rib for New Years Eve and i was wondering if anyone had any recipes or suggestions that they have used in the past?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated..

Go Skins! :gaintsuck

Bear in mind, that a prime rib is a superior cut of beef. It is excellent with nothing more than salt and pepper. Keep it simple. I've been using the recipe, below, for years with wonderful results.

Here's what I use, for a standing rib roast. It's based on an 8lb roast, so you may want to add a pinch more of the following, for a 10lb roast.

4-5 cloves garlic, crushed

2 tsp cracked black pepper

2 tsp dried rosemary leaves

2 tbsp thyme

2 tsp rubbed sage

2 tsp salt

Heat oven to 325 degrees. Combine all the ingredients and press into the surface of the roast. Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan, fat side up.

If you have a meat thermometer,(and everyone should), the roast is done when the internal temperature reads 135 for rare, 145 for medium. The temp will rise 5-10 degrees while it rests. (just cover with an aluminium foil tent for ~20-25 minutes) A roast that large probably takes ~ 20 minutes a lb. Check on-line for beef cooking times. Some folks roast @ 350 degrees. I've done both and have not noticed a difference

You'll notice that I didn't include the temp for well-done. That's because I won't be party to a crime. Hope this helps!

Bear in mind, that a prime rib is a superior cut of beef. It is excellent with nothing more than salt and pepper. Keep it simple. I've been using the recipe, below, for years with wonderful results.

ThanksSkinsfan, this helps.

Have a great New Year.

You'll notice that I didn't include the temp for well-done. That's because I won't be party to a crime. Hope this helps!

Skinsfan has great advice. We do the same thing with a few minor differences. Season the meat with the recipe he gave. Preheat the oven to 500, put the meat on a broiler pan that drains and sear for 15 minutes. Shut the oven back to 350, and cook for 15 mins per pound (for rare). This sears the outside for a nice crust, and the meat will be rare with a more med to med-rare edge.

Oh, and good to let the meat "rest" for 10 mins before slicing.

Yum! :hungry:

Well, I don't know about tonight. Depends on what the Utah family wants to do. But tomorrow it's becoming my tradition,(one that I have been taught), here in planet Utah to have cabbage, ham, and blackeyed peas.
Oh yeah, same here. Gotta have blackeyed peas for good luck. Matter of fact, if I don't get to the store very soon, all that will be left is the canned kind. They'll do in a pinch, but it's best to soak them and slow-cook them!

Archived