Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

First Game Question Again

ClemsSC7Skinfan

Hey, I'll be leaving to go to the game tomorrow night, I'll be driving up from Orange, Virginia (closest known city is Fredricksburg or Culpeper). I know the game starts at 8, I don't know anything about traffic before and after the game. Can anyone let me know how early I should leave to get there and round about time it is delayed wise for when everyone leaves?

Thanks alot for the help and I'll see ya there tomorrow!!!!:gaintsuck

First of all, do you have a parking pass and were you planning to tailgate? It's better to come a couple hours early, more so this weekend than usual. Gates to the parking lot open at 4pm. I'm not sure if you read the traffic threads here yet, but both the inner and outer loops of the beltway between Suitland Pkwy (Exit 9) and the George Washington Pkwy (Exit 177) beginning at around 5:45pm and will remain closed for 30-45 minutes due to the motorcade for President Ford.

Since Fredericksburg is about an 45 min from the beltway, I would suggest leaving around 4:30pm. That should get you well ahead of the traffic and at the stadium by 5:45-6:00pm. If you leave later, you run the risk of getting stuck in traffic during the shutdown and possibly missing some of the game. Check out the Skins Tailgate thread in the Tailgate forum if you decide to leave early. Lots of great people there.

As far as after the game, you'll probably want to stick around the stadium for at least 45-1hr to let traffic die down a little. No need to worry, just like before kickoff, there will be plenty of barbecues being lit. After about an hour, it will be less congested getting back to I-95, the longer you wait the easier it will be.

First of all, do you have a parking pass and were you planning to tailgate? It's better to come a couple hours early, more so this weekend than usual. Gates to the parking lot open at 4pm. I'm not sure if you read the traffic threads here yet, but both the inner and outer loops of the beltway between Suitland Pkwy (Exit 9) and the George Washington Pkwy (Exit 177) beginning at around 5:45pm and will remain closed for 30-45 minutes due to the motorcade for President Ford.

Since Fredericksburg is about an 45 min from the beltway, I would suggest leaving around 4:30pm. That should get you well ahead of the traffic and at the stadium by 5:45-6:00pm. If you leave later, you run the risk of getting stuck in traffic during the shutdown and possibly missing some of the game. Check out the Skins Tailgate thread in the Tailgate forum if you decide to leave early. Lots of great people there.

As far as after the game, you'll probably want to stick around the stadium for at least 45-1hr to let traffic die down a little. No need to worry, just like before kickoff, there will be plenty of barbecues being lit. After about an hour, it will be less congested getting back to I-95, the longer you wait the easier it will be.

Good info

Or heading to the game he could just head down rout 3 south out of fredericksburg to 301 north, take that until you run into "central avenue", this road takes you directly to the stadium. Thats one way of missing all of the beltway traffic in case he cant leave early enough :D

Keep in mind part of the beltway is going to be closed for about 45 minutes in the starting around 5:45 in both directions from Suitland Parkway to the exit for the George Washington Parkway. But if you are tailgating, you shoul be parked and partying by 4-4:15!

Archived