Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Draft Calvin Johnson

hitmandm

No you can't be serious... Cut Carter who is just coming on these last couple of weeks, and was just signed to a big contract? Cut Griffen who should have made the Pro Bowl two years in a row, and might be one of the top 5 DT's in the league? And cut Wynn who is a locker room leader, and a guy who will take a paycut, and reduce his role for the better of team?

I guess it's a good thing you aren't making the decisions for the Redskins.

My vote for our draft pick goes to Alan Branch....

One number: 18

That's the number of sacks we have this year. We are DEAD last in the NFL. The team ahead of us has 21. So, we will finish dead last in sacks. If that doesn't scream overhaul of the D line, then I don't know what does. Wynn seems like a great guy, but he and Griffin put no pressure on the QB. That's what matters, and they don't get it done. Carter is coming on, but is he coming on enough to justify that ridiculous contract?

I agree that although we NEED defensive help, If CJ is available when we pick we either need to pick him(best player available theory) or we need to field calls from teams willing to trade up to get him...Drafting for need causes bad picks...If he is rated higher than Adams, Moses, or Branch we have to get him...

I may be alone but I'm not impressed at all w/our WR corps...

Besides we are much closer to being a dominant offense than being a dominant defense...You add CJ to this offense w/an improved JC it would be like the old Culpepper to Moss of the late 90's and early 00's...

I say sign Nate Clements, and Adalius Thomas(convert him to MLB) or London Fletcher...08 when we have all of our picks can be a NEED draft...

If you have a point, please make it without quoting ES rules like a nerd. I can handle a rational differnece of opinion, but there is no excuse for being a dork.

I may have disagreed with your first post...

But that was the greatest comeback I have ever heard on the internet.

:cheers:

But yea, No to Calvin Johson. We have too many WRs. I'd much rather get Alan Branch or Gaines Adams.

If Calvin Johnson is available when we pick we'd be foolish to pass on him. Outside of Moss we don't have a reliable weapon at WR. Lloyd is a bust that is never going to amount to anything in this league and Randle El, for all the positives that he brings to the team, is never going to be more than a gadget/no. 3 WR.

Calvin Johnson gives us the size and physical presence in the passing game that we're currently missing. He's a freak of nature in the LT mold that will terrorize secondaries for years to come.

I've been calling for us to use picks to shore up our D-line for years, but I think CJ is too hard to pass up.

Archived