Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

redskins tidbits from chuck knox espn.com chat

bleach14

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=13910

Shon (Vegas): Which declining free agent will the Redskins overpay for this offseason? Do they have any draft picks to acquire overrated players?

sn2.gifChuck Knox, Jr.: (12:16 PM ET ) Drew Bledsoe

Geoff DC: Your early thoughts on Campbell?

sn2.gifChuck Knox, Jr.: (12:27 PM ET ) I like what I have seen from Jason I think that given more time he will continue to improve and get better. He has the tools.

hes got to be joking about bledose because i don't see a scenario where would even condsider bringing him in here.

We considered it before he signed with Buffalo. I think he's just plain too old now although it wouldn't surprise me if he was signed to replace Brunell as backup next year.

Why would Drew come to us to be a backup instead of staying in dallas to be a backup, especially considering he's said he doesnt want to be a backup.

I think we have our #1 and #2 in Campbell and Collins I thgink we will draft a QB late or sign a rookie free agent to be #3

I think it would be helpful to JC to have a more experienced mentor that Collins. Bledsoe would be fine if his attitude was to come in as a mentor; he thinks he's still starting material. Brunell would also be fine, but would need to lower his salary.

How about Bledsoe as a veteran backup if Brunell does not restructure? Of course, I'm not sure which vet backups would be available, or whether Bledsoe's ego thinks he can still start.

Vinny C is that you????

So what your saying is if Brunell doesn't restructure you would ditch him. A guy that knows the system and can still help out. Not to mention the cap hit we would take. To bring in a player who is worse overall. He will demand a sizable salary reguardless of him sucking. And he doesn't know the offense or have any rapport with the existing players.

Vinny C is that you????

Yes, that's very clever of you.

So what your saying is if Brunell doesn't restructure you would ditch him. A guy that knows the system and can still help out. Not to mention the cap hit we would take. To bring in a player who is worse overall. He will demand a sizable salary reguardless of him sucking. And he doesn't know the offense or have any rapport with the existing players.

Your point is valid, but now you have to ask yourself this question: is the rapport and his knowledge of the system worth the salary he makes? That's for the GM to decide. Oh wait, we don't have one. We know what you would do. IMO, he should restructure to a contract commensurate to his contribution to the team.

And my point stands not just for Bledsoe, but for any vet backup we could potentially acquire. By the way, if we cut Brunell, we would actually save money.

Brunell doesnt know they system. This was his first year in this kind of offensive system and he struggled with it. Collins knows the system and can help Jason when he needs it. Brunell needs to be let go because we need his roster spot, and he will cost too much next season for him not to be a starter.

Archived