Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(HIP HOP) Mos Def- True Magic

twenty-eight

Mos Def has a new album, has anyone heard it yet? It's some true hip-hop, reminiscent of Black on Both Sides and Blackstar. No Black-Jack Johnson or any of that Rock type ****. It's a complete hip-hop album from start to finish. I hope more artist's can return to their old form. I just listened to the album for the first time for start to finish. I'm sure the next few times i listen to it I'll get a better feel and have more to say about it. but for now its (good, hip-hop!) MUSIC TO MY EARS!!!!!

thoughts? opinions? anyone else give this a listen yet?

7269070.jpg

Ahhh, so it's Hip-Hop type ****. Gotcha'.

^^^ not sure of the original posters aim... Mos just had a slight departure and experimented on The New Danger a bit. I like Rock...but as a bit of a hip-hop purist, I personally prefer Mos more in the vein twenty-eight was refering to.

I enjoy many different types of music...

Did you listen to the New danger? I'm guessing you're being sarcastic...not sure what your point was :whoknows:

^^^ not sure of the original posters aim... Mos just had a slight departure and experimented on The New Danger a bit. I like Rock...but as a bit of a hip-hop purist, I personally prefer Mos more in the vein twenty-eight was refering to.

That's exactly what i meant. Mos and blackjack johnson had an issue with their record deal and he attempted to merge both albums into one. I'm not sure if thats exactly how it went down but there were a few random rock tracks in there that obviously didnt belong. It's not that i only like hip-hop or think that hip-hop artists shouldn't experiment. I enjoyed Common's Electric which is obviously some rock, but I'm just really glad Mos went back the essence of hip-hop with this album. I'll purchase it when it is released.

Ciresolstice, if you have instant messenger i can send you the album or you can find it at www.albumbase.com for free. You are required to register but just give them a fake e-mail address and fake cell #.

Mos is a great musician. Not just a great hip hop artist. But he's a very well rounded musician. I can't wait to check this album out.

I was probably one of the few people who actually liked New Danger. It was a different from BOBS, and took some getting used to. But I grew to like the style of it.

I will definitely check out True Magic though.

Mos Def has a new album, has anyone heard it yet? It's some true hip-hop, reminiscent of Black on Both Sides and Blackstar. No Black-Jack Johnson or any of that Rock type ****. It's a complete hip-hop album from start to finish. I hope more artist's can return to their old form. I just listened to the album for the first time for start to finish. I'm sure the next few times i listen to it I'll get a better feel and have more to say about it. but for now its (good, hip-hop!) MUSIC TO MY EARS!!!!!

thoughts? opinions? anyone else give this a listen yet?

7269070.jpg

Thanks for the heads up. I'll look for this when I hit the stores.

Eh? Living in that music bubble are we? I'm not saying that you should be a fan of hip hop but I love to poke fun at people that poke fun at hip hop.

SSM, I enjoyed New Danger. I listned to it a good amount, I just would always skip over a couple songs that seemed so out of place.

Did you enjoy Common's Electric Circus?

I just got Dead Prez - Revolutionary But Gangsta, any other Dead Prez I should check out?

I'm also really looking forward to the new Nas album. Five or Six tracks have already leaked, one with jay-z that is AMAZING....

Eh? Living in that music bubble are we? I'm not saying that you should be a fan of hip hop but I love to poke fun at people that poke fun at hip hop.

I made sure to put Hip-Hop in the title, so people like notoro could know exactly what is being discussed. If you feel the need to make a useless comment and it makes you feel better notoro, go for it:)

SSM, I enjoyed New Danger. I listned to it a good amount, I just would always skip over a couple songs that seemed so out of place.

Did you enjoy Common's Electric Circus?

I just got Dead Prez - Revolutionary But Gangsta, any other Dead Prez I should check out?

I'm also really looking forward to the new Nas album. Five or Six tracks have already leaked, one with jay-z that is AMAZING....

I made sure to put Hip-Hop in the title, so people like notoro could know exactly what is being discussed. If you feel the need to make a useless comment and it makes you feel better notoro, go for it:)

You know, I haven't listened to Electric Circus. I've been meaning to get that though. I do agree about New Danger in that regard though, I skip over certain songs on a regular basis.

Honestly the only Dead Prez album I have is the first one, with Hip-Hop on it.

I was listening to one of the new tracks from Nas' new album, he's regained his old form. I can't wait for that one to drop.

For all of you, if you like good hip hop and r&b pick up the soundtrack from Chappelle's Block Party. It's all live and has some great performances from Common, The Roots, Mos Def, Jill Scott, Erykah Badu and Dead Prez. There's a live version of The Roots - You Got Me, featuring Jill Scott and Erykah Badu. Holy **** it's amazing!

After listening to it a few times, it not that great lyrically. I still really like it though and I'm sure I'll like it even more after i roll a little something up...;)

Heard it sucked so I aint want to check it out. The new Ghostface is not what's up.

I'm guess you meant it is whats up. I got that yesterday as well, haven't listened to it yet.

I'll check it out... I've been hearing good things about it.

And on the topic of true Hip Hop.. You guys should check out Lupe Fiasco.. his style is old school.. I just recently got into his music from a friend.. Glad I did. :applause:

Yeah I enjoyed Lupe's album, I haven't listened to the retail version that many times yet, I know its a lot different than the one that leaked 4 or 5 months ago. I like him though.

Archived