Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

George Michael said that Joe Gibbs unloaded on the players today...

PCRoughrider

As Sellers said in an interview...it shouldn't have to be said...that you aren't playing physically? It's what they are paid to do...is essentially what football is..a physical contact..correction COLLISION sport.

That last game insensed me...except for seeing Jason do pretty well. But the way that defense laid down, mistackled, got out powered, out matched, punked..ran over..what else is there? They were flat out MAN HANDLED!!! and that is disgusting.

hopefully he unloaded on Greg Williams.

For some reason the players have completely forgotten how to desguise a blitz, they just walk up to the line and wait for the QB to call them out.

I would like to see Sean blitzing up the middle more.

Thank goodness someone else can agree with what I have been trying to say for weeks.

It's like we walk up and stand there, and then ALWAYS blitz if we walk up...sometimes you can drop back, and sometimes you can actually get to the QB...

Which is why the awful Saints with overall less talent than the Skins turned it around in essentially one year. The BEars turned it around with an awful QB last year and a great D. And they've built part of that D since Lovie Smith has been there. It's not as if all coaches require 4 years to get it together. Gibbs didn't need 4 years LAST time he was here.

Chicago. Clark and Pierce are the types of guys you KEEP to BUILD that program.

I'm happy about this development too, but you need to cut it with the cursing and denigration of people you perceive to be anti-Gibbs. There are plenty of reasons for people to be skeptical, ACTUAL PRODUCTION AND RESULTS just two among them.

This is a good post -- discussing a stupid one. But in general the drift of this thread looks like fool's gold to me. Go get em Joe! Finally! I feel better about next season already! Etc.

However, there appears to be a bunch of poisonous junk going on under the surface of this organization that is now bubbling out. That's what makes the Michaels fit so remarkable. Gibbs seems in conflict with someone, and that someone isn't just the players, the team of quality character individuals he put together btw. At least according to the papers. If he's in conflict with Saunders (who himself has a good track record), why can't he just stroll down the hall and say "It's not working, I'll do the playcalling this week?" Or did he agree (to Dan?) to some sort of figurehead status last year? The guy has looked lost at times this year. At times, especially when it came to postgame comments, it's been like a Stepford Coach for a Stepford Team. Now we have evidence of a pulse. I view this as a desperate sign and not some positive thing -- not in season 3. Joe will not be back.

This is a good post -- discussing a stupid one. But in general the drift of this thread looks like fool's gold to me. Go get em Joe! Finally! I feel better about next season already! Etc.

However, there appears to be a bunch of poisonous junk going on under the surface of this organization that is now bubbling out. That's what makes the Michaels fit so remarkable. Gibbs seems in conflict with someone, and that someone isn't just the players, the team of quality character individuals he put together btw. At least according to the papers. If he's in conflict with Saunders (who himself has a good track record), why can't he just stroll down the hall and say "It's not working, I'll do the playcalling this week?" Or did he agree (to Dan?) to some sort of figurehead status last year? The guy has looked lost at times this year. At times, especially when it came to postgame comments, it's been like a Stepford Coach for a Stepford Team. Now we have evidence of a pulse. I view this as a desperate sign and not some positive thing -- not in season 3. Joe will not be back.

wow another "conspiracy theory" thinker who always blames snyder. this has nothing to do with snyder and gibbs will be here until the franchise is back to where it is supposed to be.

Ever stop to think that it might take time to build a program? People like you amaze me. F-ing madden generation. Go back to your fantasy football lineups. Real Football programs aren't built overnight. Takes time to lay the foundations for a great team.
The really sad thing is you don't see the irony in your post. :doh:

Playing the internet hard man doesn't disguise the fact that a lot of Redskins fans blame Gibbs for the dismal showing this season and a fair amount of that criticism would appear to be correct.

Everyone saying Gibbs might retire and not come back next year gotta understand that Gibbs will not go out a leader and he is VERY loyal and will coach out his contract and coach until we are goiing in the right direction. And please believe next year there will be 2 a days out the ***** in pads like old school Gibbs cause Gibbs knows where he made his mistake and that was to get too soft on the players

And please begin the preseason when everyone else does and don't give the players that extra week off which came back to haunt us. Not showing anything during the preseason really helped, yeah right. They need to practice what they plan on playing and have the other teams try to stop us. If the premier players get hurt during the preseason then so be it, but they still need to get out there and get their game on track and not wait til there is 6 games left. I guess football ain't what it use to be when you had to bust your butt just to get a drink of water.

...this has nothing to do with snyder and gibbs will be here until the franchise is back to where it is supposed to be...

Ha! Of course, one could argue that under Snyder, we are exactly where we should be. Always have been. Always will be. Now where's that free-agent shopping list and my trading cards...?

This team needed a serious kick in the behind. With 6 games to go there's still a chance to finish up strong and be respectable. Guys need to start playing like their jobs depend on it, because I guarantee you that is the way Gibbs is looking at these last 6 games. Jobs are on the line and these guys get paid a ton of loot, so suck it up and play hard!

:laugh:

George Michael is ridiculous. Unloading on them won't make them better overnight.

Gibbs should unload on them at half-time, maybe they won't suck in the third quarter like they have all year.

okay, so unloading on them during a game they are gettnig beat (presumably) is better then doing it in practice before the game? Yikes! Not good reasoning there bud...

Ha! Of course, one could argue that under Snyder, we are exactly where we should be. Always have been. Always will be. Now where's that free-agent shopping list and my trading cards...?

I think once Snyder learns what it takes to be successful in the NFL and fires Vinny Cerrato, the Redskins will once again be successful.

Vinny must go.

Hell yeah!!!

Anyone who questions Gibbs desire to win should be banned from this forum forever.

it's an option that should at least be looked into by mods... :silly:

but seriously, your either with Joe Gibbs and the skins or you are against Joe Gibbs and the skins, pick one.

And please begin the preseason when everyone else does and don't give the players that extra week off which came back to haunt us. Not showing anything during the preseason really helped, yeah right. They need to practice what they plan on playing and have the other teams try to stop us. If the premier players get hurt during the preseason then so be it, but they still need to get out there and get their game on track and not wait til there is 6 games left. I guess football ain't what it use to be when you had to bust your butt just to get a drink of water.

I agree. Next year I bet they start training camp as early as possible and just plain execute in preseason.

"coaches not on the same page as Joe Gibbs" is obviously Al Saunders.

I agree. I hope the Chuck-n-Duck offensive experiment is over.

Gibbs did say after the Philly game that there are certain principles that they must follow in order to win: Run the ball and Stop the run. Then he said they didn't run the ball, calling out Saunders play calling.

Thinking of Joe Gibbs going ape**** on players is almost as surreal as Mister Rogers screaming and cussing at a bunch of children.

Oh well, I hope it gets them to perform better.

No player who has felt Gibbs' wrath (always in private, mind you) has ever forgotten it. Part of the reason is that it must be shocking to see this outwardly mild-mannered guy taking your head off, but the players who have experienced it and have commented upon it later have said it isn't fun (much less funny) at all.

Part of the reason why he's waited this long is probably because he has a veteran team and didn't figure it was necessary, and also that veterans wouldn't respond as much to it. There are also reasons up to now that could have been pointed to for our performances (injuries, new offensive scheme, etc.), but I think Gibbs started to sense that this team was packing it in for the season and decided to yank the leash to remind them that they were still accountable.

Thinking of Joe Gibbs going ape**** on players is almost as surreal as Mister Rogers screaming and cussing at a bunch of children.

Oh well, I hope it gets them to perform better.

Mr Rogers was a sniper for the USMC, so somewhere deep down inside he had the killer in him. There's a time and place for everything ;)

Archived