Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs Nemesis Won this Round

helptheSKINS

Unfortunately, I think Parcells has easily outcoached Gibbs this year. JC playing well just proves it. There is no way that JC was not ready 4-6 weeks ago, but was last week. Gibbs chose to stick with our 2nd or 3rd best QB therefore costing us any chance at the playoffs. Granted our D is not good so the chances were slim, but we would have had a better chance. maybe JC would have kept our O on the field longer leading to a few less possesions for our D to be on the field. There are many aspects of coaching, but choosing which QB is best is the most important. Keep in mind, it is OK to disagree with Gibbs. No disrespect to him, just my opinion. What do you think, has Gibbs been outcoached? :2cents:

Unfortunately, I think Parcells has easily outcoached Gibbs this year. JC playing well just proves it. There is no way that JC was not ready 4-6 weeks ago, but was last week. Gibbs chose to stick with our 2nd or 3rd best QB therefore costing us any chance at the playoffs. Granted our D is not good so the chances were slim, but we would have had a better chance. maybe JC would have kept our O on the field longer leading to a few less possesions for our D to be on the field. There are many aspects of coaching, but choosing which QB is best is the most important. Keep in mind, it is OK to disagree with Gibbs. No disrespect to him, just my opinion. What do you think, has Gibbs been outcoached? :2cents:

I would doubt outcoaching Parcell is high on Gibbs' priority list unless its a game vs the Cowboys. Why would it matter? Gibbs is not that petty.

Has Parcells angered Gibbs the way Buddy Ryan did? I doubt that.

If you see the win-loss record as a function of coaching, then, yeah, you could intimate that we have been outcoached in some games.

Gibbs hasn't coached since January. He doesn't do anything on this team except trade away picks and bring in bad free agents. The only good thing he's done to improve this team in the past 2 years is get Jason Campbell, who he has refused to play until now. All the success we've had is thanks to Gregg Williams keeping our team in extremely low scoring games. Now that the D is shot, our offensive ineptitude under Brunell was even more apparent. Don't quote december 30-point games, because it didn't happen. We got so many turnovers against philly and dallas that the D did most of the work in those games last year. The only legit offensive high scoring games we had were in KC and against NY. As for this season, there's nothing of note even worth mentioning (other than JC) that all I can talk about is last year. Ok, I'm rambling. Yea, he's been outcoached, and outmanaged, across the board.

He's gotten outcoached by 20 other coaches as well it seems, why choose just Parcells? Granted they do have a rivalry when they play, and Im glad the rivalry has picked up again with us winning 3 of the last 4 after that decade long+ losing streak we had.

Anyways, it is true, Al Saunders has been out coached, as has Gregg Williams. It is sad to read fantasy picks saying "Jake Delhomme has a favorable matchup against Washington" when a year and two years ago it would say "X QB should not be played against Washington"

My latest blog post partially addressed this point.

www.countertrey.blogspot.com

Bottom line: Gibbs has won three out of the last four against Parcells and the Redskins hadn't beaten the Cowboys in years prior to Gibbs' return. There is no way you can say that Parcells has outcoached Gibbs.

As to your point that he waited too long to switch quarterbacks, didn't Gibbs poor choice--Brunnell--just beat Parcells' good choice--Tony Homo--three weeks ago?

http://www.tonyhomo.com/

Gibbs waited until they were virtually out of playoff contention because it was the right thing to do. Young quarterbacks rarely win championships. Now that a championship is practically (if not mathematically) out of reach, it is time to look to next year.

i disagree. i think gibbs is an aging old man, and ive stated this numerous times. as long as you can make your point without being vulgar, you cant get banned for thinking gibbs has lost it.

I'm not going to comment on that right now. We need to look at the film and see what needs to be changed. But I do want to say this, these guys certainly know how to post their guts out.

GC

I have to disagree with you Skins fan 1010. Your first point I agree with. Head to head is obviously a great way to compare. However, the last Dallas game was not great coaching, it was just plain weird. The thing that really drives me nuts is "Brunell gave us our best chance". How does a QB that has led us to a 3-6 record give us the best chance of winning? It makes no sense. The only thing MB gave us is a better chance at a top 10 pick. As others have said, he has been out coached, managed, ect. With all that said, I'm hoping this old dog can learn some new tricks. He is a brilliant coach, he has just made a lot of bad decisions.

I have to disagree with you Skins fan 1010. Your first point I agree with. Head to head is obviously a great way to compare. However, the last Dallas game was not great coaching, it was just plain weird. The thing that really drives me nuts is "Brunell gave us our best chance". How does a QB that has led us to a 3-6 record give us the best chance of winning?...

Okay:

1. Besides Tom Brady, who happens to be the only QB in NFL history to lead his team to a title when he took over (due to an INJURY, by the way, and NOT because he outplayed Bledsoe) in mid-season and got his first start, name another successful QB who went to the playoffs in his first season of starting. Don't look too hard. Veteran quarterbacks give a team the best shot at the playoffs;

2. Mark Brunell almost carried this team to the NFC Championship game last year. It was just last year, so I know you must remember it. If Rogers had hung on to that interception, they would have polayed in Gibbs's SIXTH NFC championsghip game in fourteen years of coaching.

WAKE UP! You don't know more than a Hall of Fame coach.

i disagree. i think gibbs is an aging old man, and ive stated this numerous times. as long as you can make your point without being vulgar, you cant get banned for thinking gibbs has lost it.

Gibbs hasnt lost it. he gave it away, to Saunders. he didnt need to.

The whole orginization is dysfunctional from top to bottom, if you think this team is going to the playoffs next year you are fooling yourself..they have traded away most of the draft picks...signed a worthless veteran QB with no arm and no legs, a safety(A.A) who can't cover..let other teams raid us of our best defensive players...Brunell throws for 42 yds in a playoff game, do we go out a pick up a QB in the off-season? NO!! we pay millions for Al Saunders to design screen plays for a QB who has no arm and no legs...and millions for 2 good WR who never the see ball because Brunell sucks...then after the season is shot ,he finally gives JC a shot...it's ridiculous....opposing D's are stacking the line to punish our best offensive player Portis --because Brunell can't throw downfield anymore..the Skins defense has been totally demoralized by the offensive ineptitude..not only is this team the worst Gibb's coached team Ive ever seen, it's the worst Redskin team I've ever seen....I can't believe they would put this piece of crap product on the field..somebody needs to be held accountable...

This team is losing on DEFENSE...and Gibbs has not had anything to do with defense since the day he hired Greg Williams and put him in charge of it.

You can not win with a defense that can't ever get off the field...

If you're going to blame the defense for this year, you sure as hell better credit them for Gibbs' first year not being a total catastrophe and in large part for getting us into the playoffs last year.

And I love how people say that "if not for our defense, we'd have a winning record this year." Remind me again how many touchdowns our stellar offense scored in the divisional road games this year?

2. Mark Brunell almost carried this team to the NFC Championship game last year.

If you would re-word that to; This team almost carried Brunnell to the NFC Chanpionship game last year you would be pretty accurate.

Hell, if we would have had even an average QB last year we would have went to the NFC Championship game. :laugh:

Archived