Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Gibbs kicking himself yet??

TC

WTF are you talking about? Campbell played the first game of his professional career yesterday. If he had come out and looked like crap then there wouldn't even be a reason for this post. The fact is that he provided a spark for this team that Brunell couldn't.

This horse just died yesterday, buddy. Just wait and see what the media does to Gibbs for this if Campbell continues to progress.

Sorry, but this case has been made in numerous threads and it is getting tiresome rereading the same stuff over and over.

I agree that it was Campbells first game and he did play well considering Portis and Moss were out. However, the media won't do anything to Gibbs if he continues to improve; which by any standard he must before I crown him the next Doug Williams.

Guest Rafterman
Gibbs often said Brunell gave the Redskins the best chance to win. After JC's performance yesterday, it really makes me ask if Gibbs may be losing it as a head coach. I know he's not a personnel evaluator by any stretch of the imagination.

:notworthy :applause: :cheers:

Exactly. And how were we better or even more productive on offense during this game??? The truth is we weren't any better. Campbell played a good game, but had Brunell played the exact same way, people would be calling for his head.

you must be retarted...moss and portis were both out of the game and campbell still threw 2 td passes...what the hell team are you watching

you must be retarted...moss and portis were both out of the game and campbell still threw 2 td passes...what the hell team are you watching

If it had been Brunell everyone would have been griping that the second TD was in "garbage time" and is only "padding his stats", and they would have yelled out that the pass he threw right before the second TD pass "should have been picked", along with saying there were two or three others that "would have been picked off if the Tampa defense could catch"...

Etc, etc, yadda yadda...blah blah blah.

And in case you guys are wondering, I was one who said Campbell should be starting during the bye week...so please keep the intellectually lazy "Brunell Zombies" comments to yourselves...heh..lol :cool:

Rare for me to agree with AJ_Skins, but I do. Really, Campbell's performance wasn't that much different from Brunell. Campbell made some plays and missed some others. We weren't consistantly moving the ball, and if it wasn't for the late drive, his stat line would have looked very similar to most of Brunell's games.

I mean, Campbell had 50 yards in the first half.

There is no doubt that Campbell shows potential, and that he has better natural abilities. But, that didn't make much of a difference in the game, which tells me that other things are a problem, like the lack of a consistant running game, and a defense that can't get off the field.

Jason

Agreed there are other problems with the team, but please; you did not see any difference?..... How many times did Campbell panic and not being able to see the recievers throw the ball out of bounds? How many times did he dive to the ground because the pocket was collapsing? He got sacked twice: once when MB's buddy Jansen just took a knee and let his man come in untouched to get a free hit on JC while he was throwing the ball, and once when he sensed the pressure and began running forward to try to salvage the play and got tackled. He avoided the rush several times, or simply stepped up and made a throw on plays that would have had everyone saying how the OL sucked if MB was in there..... The OL should buy this kid a car or something because he is going to make them look so much better than they did with a scared, immobile MB playing behind them! He was not perfect in his first outing (shocker!) and he is not ready to have his bust shipped to Canton, but he played better than MB has since the middle of the 2005 season....

"Deep passing game" = 0 completions down the field? If Brunell had done this, people would have been calling for his head, once again.

He spread the ball around? 1 catch for ARE, 2 for Lloyd. 5 for Betts. If Brunell had done this, you would be calling for his head.

He put up good numbers? He had 120 yards going into the last 5 minutes of the game. On that drive, it was dumpoff after dumpoff to the middle of the field. Cooley "saved him" by getting a ton of YAC and getting out of bounds. You guys would be ready to kill Brunell if he had taken that much time to get down the field, and made all those dumpoffs to Betts at the end.

And where are the complaints about the 3 and outs? Seems like those all disappeared now that Brunell is gone.

Yes, Campbell was missing Santana and Portis. But Brunell has been missing either one of them for most of the year, and has been playing against better defenses, but I don't hear people making those excuses for him.

So, in summary I want to say that Campbell played well, and I'm glad we have him in there now that the playoffs are out of reach. However, I also thought Brunell played well when he was in there.

It seems you might be a complete tool. 20 yard passes are not dumpoffs! Did you actually watch the game? I think you missed a few plays and a few catches, or you are purposefully trying to mislead.

You missed a few catches there slick: Cooley had 5 catches, Thrash had 4, yoder had 1, Sellers had 1. You must have left the room for those to go kiss MB's poster in your den...

I will also point out the long pass to start the game was right on the $, and that JC did not have Moss or Portis as weapons as MB has all season. How many of MB's passing yards were screen plays where one of those 2 guys caught a pass within 5 yards of LOS or even behind it and turned it into a big play? I don't mind differing opinions, but I cannot stand dishonesty like you displayed... watch the highlights that were posted that show every completion and tell me he never went down the field, or that the last drive was nothing but dumpoffs to Betts!

Rare for me to agree with AJ_Skins, but I do. Really, Campbell's performance wasn't that much different from Brunell. Campbell made some plays and missed some others. We weren't consistantly moving the ball, and if it wasn't for the late drive, his stat line would have looked very similar to most of Brunell's games.

I mean, Campbell had 50 yards in the first half.

There is no doubt that Campbell shows potential, and that he has better natural abilities. But, that didn't make much of a difference in the game, which tells me that other things are a problem, like the lack of a consistant running game, and a defense that can't get off the field.

Jason

Exactly:applause:

Campbell played well and showed a world of promise that gives us hope for the future. He is big, moves well and has a great arm. Plus he looked really good in the pocket and showed great composure. I loved what I saw and am excited for the future.

Bottom line though it is not the QB position which is primarily responsible for our losing record.

Main focus has to go on our defence which has been really poor all season - and in every area. Can't stop the deep ball can't stop the run (those two things might be connected by the way). How many 80 plus yard drives have we given up how many 30+ yard completions? Too many thats how many.

Why are we always looking at 2nd and 8 when we run on first down? Why are we unable to convert running the ball on 3rd and short and down by the goalline?

Why when Santana in not in the game does our most productive receiver (apart from Cooley) become James Thrash?

I know as fans we like to talk about the QB spot but even as fans we must see that there is so much wrong with this team that frankly it would not matter if Peyton Manning was our QB at the moment.

Hard to play QB when you are sat on the bench watching your D get its butt kicked up and down the field.

We need help up front on both lines - D'Line being the priority. Draft a stud DT or DE with our first pick which figures to be top 10. Get a starting corner in FA and relegate Rodgers to nickle and look to upgrade at left guard and centre.

I think we are in a bind at SS - maybe Rodgers could start there?

Archived