Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Feed Him To The Lions If He Fails!

LoudMouth12thMan

Gibbs decision couldn't have come at a worse time. Gibbs decision couldn't have come at a better time. There is no argument for either statement. They are both true. Gibbs says it was "a tough decision to make..." Right! Its a conundrum at this point.

If Joe's plan was to put Campbell in the best possible situation to achieve success as a starting quarterback in the NFL, then he must think that Campbell has potential that mirrors some of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play the game.

Or...

Gibbs plan was spoiled because of Brunell's ineptitude and failed attempts at emulating an professional football player this past Sunday (and many others that preceded it). Enter Campbell. The fans, media, owner, palyers, coaches, and the blind could have made this move. It was the right one.

Get ready boys and girls. Our season is likely in the toilet. BUT, if you (the fans, players, coaches, etc.) want to find out what a kid is made of:

Throw him out in the fire without a running game, an underachieving offensive line (at least currently), and a reeling team altogether. Don't for one second think that Betts is going to carry the load. If we don't make a carbon copy of the gameplan set out for Roethlisberger a couple year's back and paste it on Campbell's back, give him his last meal and tell him to call his family. The pressure this kid is facing is immense. If this TEAM doesn't step up for Jason, feed him to the lions.

Make a case that Betts, when taking the handoff, won't fall down when lanes are open. What evidence do we have that states otherwise? Make a case that Campbell throwing check downs, screens, and 5 yard slants (when you need 8 yards) is any different than Ocho' Stinko (Czabe...that's friggin' hilarious). It isn't any different. Therefore, it all rests on Campbell's shoulders. We're not slowly working him in. We're not giving him a chance to get acclimated. We're already feeding him to the lions. I didn't hear anyone say, "this starts our rebuilding process..." Whether we're still hoping to win out or not....

Good Luck JC, I hope you're ready. You're not in high school being sent to the principal's office, and your not getting ready for a college game. This is slightly different. You'll see ;)

HTTR

I agree with you in many ways, but look at what they are doing to Vince Young in Tennessee. Sometimes you just have to throw them in there and make them learn. If they cant deal with it and figure out ways to succeed, maybe they dont need to be in there. I think JC has a lot more to work with than VY does. Either way they both have a lot of pressure and tons of expectations to live up to.

"the fans won't give him 2 - 3 weeks let alone 2 -3 years"

It's not about the fans. It's about the way in which we're putting him in this situation. Barring a miracle or barring that we've been keeping the next Rivers or pre-crotchrocket accident victim Roethlisberger in hiding than we're setting him up for failure. Tough test for this guy. I will say this: If anyone can do it, its Campbell. He has adapted quite well in the past.

Hope :point2sky

HTTR

I think that Campbell being in the game will help the O line.

You mean b/c he can bail them out with his legs? Yeah, I see what you mean. That's certainly an option. Lets just hope he doesn't panic and do that on a regular basis. Doing that results in missing opportunities downfield, in most cases.

Aikman started on a 1-15 team, a horrible team. He was smashed on every play, it will be interesting to see how Campbell handles it all. Different chapter in the history of the Skins. I can't wait and am hoping for the best, but expecting the rookie mistakes. Lets get those mistakes out of the way now.

The Redskins problems go much deeper than JC becoming the starting QB. The last time I checked, and that has been several times today, he is not listed on the depth chart of the defense.

He is also not a member of our scouting department and will not help us use those precious FOUR draft selections (if we still have them), next season. I doubt that Coach Gibbs will hire him (or anyone else for that matter) as the General Manager of the team.

So, playing JC is pretty much like putting a bandaid on a ruptured artery...

`caio

im so sick of this o-line BS. need i remind you that brunell is about as mobile as an iceskater in the desert, yet he was only sacked 12 times. 6 of those were in one bad game by the o-line (yes, they had an awful game in dallas, it happens). so pretty much, he was sacked 6 times in 8 games. thats less than a sack a game. campbell (regardless whether he can hit receivers and make good reads) can at least run away. brunell couldnt run away from an 93 year old paraplegic woman in an iron lung.

Yeah, we're really feeding him to the lions. :rolleyes:

Have you even saw how bad Tampa Bay is this year?? Their defense has really fallen off since last season(like ours).

If he stretches the field Sunday(unlike Mark) I don't care how many picks he throws...so long as he learns from his mistakes and progresses.

im so sick of this o-line BS. need i remind you that brunell is about as mobile as an iceskater in the desert, yet he was only sacked 12 times. 6 of those were in one bad game by the o-line (yes, they had an awful game in dallas, it happens). so pretty much, he was sacked 6 times in 8 games. thats less than a sack a game. campbell (regardless whether he can hit receivers and make good reads) can at least run away. brunell couldnt run away from an 93 year old paraplegic woman in an iron lung.

Keep smokin. Brunell was alot of things but he was always pretty good about getting the ball alway. With a rookie qb in there this underachieving i line will be exposed even more than they already are.

Keep smokin. Brunell was alot of things but he was always pretty good about getting the ball alway. With a rookie qb in there this underachieving i line will be exposed even more than they already are.

Brunell was also very good at taking a 5 step drop and turning it into a twelve step drop...right into the tackle and DE.

And even if that wasn't sufficient enough, well, he could roll out the wrong way and right into the rush.

Then there's the whole issue of stepping up into the pocket...he was against doing such things!!

A bad QB can make an Oline look worse than what it is.

Brunell was also very good at taking a 5 step drop and turning it into a twelve step drop...right into the tackle and DE.

And even if that wasn't sufficient enough, well, he could roll out the wrong way and right into the rush.

Then there's the whole issue of stepping up into the pocket...he was against doing such things!!

A bad QB can make an Oline look worse than what it is.

Im not argueing that he didnt make them look worse. But dont tell me that the o line has played well this year.

uhhhh....I read it....still as smart as I was before....

You act like campbell played for mcneese st or something and never played a big game.

He played in the SEC, and in the SEC, you have like eight big games a year.

The crowds are way crazier, and there is NFL talent at almost every postion.

give me a break with this throwing him to the lions nonsense. when do you suggest we start him. 2024.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant believe i am seeing this......

Brunell was great at getting away if you consider breaking down before anyone even gets there and throwing the **** out of bounds before even giving yourself or your team an opportunity to make a play.

REAL qbs stand in the pocket, make a tough throw and take the hit, or they role out, run or find the open RECEIVER.

what does Brunell do....besides never get comfortable even when he has plenty of time, freak out way to soon, throw it to ladell betts or out of bounds.

Thinking this line will have a tougher job protecting a 6'4 230 lb mobile qb is rediculous. brunell is 135 years old.

Archived