Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Time Management: Brunell always hikes the ball as soon as the other team shows blitz

kcofdc

I noticed yesterday that we always run the clock all the way down. Philly would come in to blitz at the last second, but we cant audible out of the play because there isnt enough time left on the play clock. This could be why the o-line looks so horrible at times. They dont have enough time to recognize who they are to block. Has anybody else noticed this?

I've said it a thousand times. Brunell never recognizes where the blitz is coming from and never knows where his hot read is. Other successful QB's in the NFL will recognize a blitz, point it out to the O-line and then make them pay with the one on one coverage. Brunell for some reason never sees the blitz coming. It makes our O-line look a lot worse than what it really is. I don't care what anyone says about our O-line. They are not great, but the real problem is Brunell. As a QB you have to recognize where the blitz is coming from, point it out to your O-line and make the defense pay, just like other QB's make us pay when we blitz.

And on defense our players will show blitz 30 seconds before the ball is snapped. :doh:

this is true, but this is because the other team is ready to go with at least 12 seconds to survey the defense, which keeps the defense guessing. and the qb can point out who to block.

Watching Drew Brees against the Steelers yesterday made me absolutely ill. He was so good at feeling the pocket, pre snap reads and truly commanding his offense. He has far less talent to work with and produces ten million times the results that Brunnell does. The kicker that gets me is that it is his first year in that offense. Huh imagine that. A free agent QB who is leading his team above and beyond expectations.

By the way, did anyone else notice Brunnell flipping the ball yesterday before he threw. WTF someone get this guy a pop warner coach. That is the first thing they tell you not to do. Mark Brunnell is not the whole problem but he is the biggest problem and no axes are falling around here. Either he goes or Gibbs goes. I don't care who at this point. Someone must be held accountable.

Archived