Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Roy Williams fined

tr1

If the legs aren't planted in the ground but are instead being lifted with the runner as he's being taken down, the danger is eliminated. As was the case with this Tiki Barber tackle.

Yeah, I noticed Roy check to see that Tiki's legs weren't planted. :doh:

You mean "swing and a miss" Archuleta

Arch's problem isn't tackling dude, it's being there in the first place to make the play :D...it's funny when someone tries to smacktalk yet they mess up the facts...but it's good to see that you have no rebuttal for your boy. I guess that's as close to an admission as we are going to get from you that he's probably the dirtiest player in the game.

Arch's problem isn't tackling dude, it's being there in the first place to make the play :D...it's funny when someone tries to smacktalk yet they mess up the facts...but it's good to see that you have no rebuttal for your boy. I guess that's as close to an admission as we are going to get from you that he's probably the dirtiest player in the game.

It's difficult to defend a thug.

Its funny that when you ask Redskins fans that they all point to Roy Williams as the dirtiest player.

But when you ask the players, the people who actually know what they're talking about, not a single one points to Williams while Taylor is singled out as one of the top 5 dirtiest players.

I'm still more worried that Roy "Cheapshot" Williams will either paralyze himself, or worse, somebody else with his no look- drop the arms - and launch with the top of the helmet - spearing technique that the league continually turns a blind eye to. I think they've only fined him once or twice, but he's usually good for 4-5 obvious ones per season. Just more Cowboy worship from the league.

Arch's problem isn't tackling dude, it's being there in the first place to make the play :D...it's funny when someone tries to smacktalk yet they mess up the facts....

LOL. Funny stuff there. At least you can laugh it off.

but it's good to see that you have no rebuttal for your boy. I guess that's as close to an admission as we are going to get from you that he's probably the dirtiest player in the game.

I've just been to this rodeo several times. It gets none of us anywhere. You all say Roy is dirty, we say he isn't. You say yes he is, because of the horse collars, we say, he's never been flagged on it. It just goes on and on.

I find it hilarious that ST makes the list of top dirty players in the league, VOTED ON PLAYERS IN THE NFL. Yet it gets dismissed here and you all still call Roy dirty. Yet HE DIDN"T MAKE THE LIST.

So here are a bunch of fools (myself included) who sit and chat on a message board cause none of us (myself included) were good enough to play pro sports, telling each other who we think is dirty when THEY POLLED REAL LIVE NFL PLAYERS AND YET YOU STILL DISMISS THE POLLS FINDINGS, because it doesn't suite your agenda.

Had RW made that list and ST didn't, we woulda never heard the end of it.

All of this comes down to penis envy in my eyes.....who's got the tougher safety? Skins or Boys? My dad can beat up your dad. etc etc.

So forgive me if I didn't chime in until late.

Its funny that when you ask Redskins fans that they all point to Roy Williams as the dirtiest player.

But when you ask the players, the people who actually know what they're talking about, not a single one points to Williams while Taylor is singled out as one of the top 5 dirtiest players.

Link?

didn't think so...

Haha...this is the poll you all are hyping up?? Yeah...ST is terrible, right behind that maniac killer Hines Ward. :laugh: :laugh:

Wait, wait, 361 one players...what an overwhelming statistical sample...a full 10.83 people thought ST was the dirtiest player in the game.

This is classic. Oh man...hadn't laughed that hard in a while. Thanks ownU!

Link?

didn't think so...

Here you go...

Pats' Harrison can't wash hands of dirtiest player label

ESPN.com news services

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2631666

For the second time in three years, Patriots safety Rodney Harrison tops Sports Illustrated's list of dirtiest players in the NFL.

Of the 361 NFL players polled during the preseason, 23 percent of them pointed to Harrison. Second on the list were Joey Porter of the Steelers and Jon Runyan of the Eagles at 6 percent each.

"Do I take perverse pride in this?" Harrison told the Boston media. "All I can say is as many guys as say I'm a dirty player, just as many come up and tell me they admire how I play, the hard work, the commitment, the toughness. That's the pride you're looking for. I take pride in that.

"But dirty? I don't think you guys can look in my eyes and say I'm a dirty player."

Rounding out the list were Warren Sapp of the Raiders (5 percent), Kyle Turley of the Chiefs (4 percent), Hines Ward of the Steelers (4 percent), Sean Taylor of the Redskins (3 percent), John Lynch of the Broncos (3 percent), Kevin Mawae of the Titans (3 percent) and Olin Kreutz of the Bears (2 percent).

Technically, as I'm sure tr1 can't wait to point out, this puts Taylor at number 7 around the league. There is, of course, no mention of Roy Williams though.

What a joke.

They can't even list the players with the number of votes...nor talk about the methodology (you know, like who they asked...or that 381 of a potential 1300 players is a fraction of the league....)

You guys have got to do better than this.

You must be joking.

So I assume you all also dispute that Rodney Harrison, Joey Porter, and Jon Runyan are dirty players? I mean, the methadology here is so perverse that nothing can be learned.

Clearly no one in the league thinks anything negative about Sean Taylor. This is just another product of the mainstream media's hatred for the Redskins. The numerours late-hit and unsportsmanlike conduct penalties he gets every game are products of the league's hatred for the Redskins.

No, my friend, you must be. 10 players out of a 1300 player league say ST is a dirty player...

Please, try to think hard about this one... :doh:

Who else on that list isn't a dirty player?

If the method is so flawed, which other players are being wrongfully implicated as dirty players?

I have no problem admitting that John Runyan is deservingly on the list.

Not to mention, 365 is a reasonable sample from the limited audience of NFL players. If we were talking about American citizens, sure, this would be an iproper sample. In this case though, 365 is more than reasonable.

So I assume you all also dispute that Rodney Harrison, Joey Porter, and Jon Runyan are dirty players? I mean, the methadology here is so perverse that nothing can be learned.

Clearly no one in the league thinks anything negative about Sean Taylor. This is just another product of the mainstream media's hatred for the Redskins. The numerours late-hit and unsportsmanlike conduct penalties he gets every game are products of the league's hatred for the Redskins.

And no one thinks RW is a dirty player. :doh:

Their methodology isn't explained...for all you and I know, they may have polled players who aren't or never were in the league (it was done during pre-season)... :doh:

I can't believe anyone would publish this crap much less point to it when discussing players...

Pretty idiotic...but quite amusing to see you guys tripping over yourselves to use this thrash.

Hilarious!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Haha...this is the poll you all are hyping up?? Yeah...ST is terrible, right behind that maniac killer Hines Ward. :laugh: :laugh:

Wait, wait, 361 one players...what an overwhelming statistical sample...a full 10.83 people thought ST was the dirtiest player in the game.

This is classic. Oh man...hadn't laughed that hard in a while. Thanks ownU!

Oh ok, so you want to dismiss it and use the 361 posters on here that say otherwise? :doh: Yeah, that makes sense. They polled about 25% of the players. Or about half of all the starters in the league. According to sportscenter, they only polled starting players.

In regards to hines ward, I don't know, but I'll be damned it I refute it if it were the NFL players that said it.

You remember John Stockton from the Utah Jazz? If you ever watched him play, you didn't think too much about him, but if you poll the NBA players, they all said he was by far the dirtiest player in the league. But I guess because you didn't certain things from your couch, you don't believe it. :rolleyes:

Who else on that list isn't a dirty player?

Hines Ward?? I mean come on. :laugh:

The point being is that this "offical poll" of the "nfl players" surveyed barely 20% of the league. I mean if I go around to a different 361 players I'm sure I could find a whopping 10 players who think Roy Williams is the dirtiest player in the game. This is just stupid.

Personally, i don't think Taylor plays dirty.

But, he's got that whole spitting thing and a few late hits out of bounds.

He's the only bright spot on defense besides the occasional Marcus Washington.

I also don't think Williams is as good or has as much potential as Taylor, but of course I'll be called a homer.

Taylor will prove to all watching that he's the better player

Hines Ward?? I mean come on. :laugh:

The point being is that this "offical poll" of the "nfl players" surveyed barely 20% of the league. I mean if I go around to a different 361 players I'm sure I could find a whopping 10 players who think Roy Williams is the dirtiest player in the game. This is just stupid.

Stupid...that's an understatement.

:cheers:

Archived