Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which of our players would you trade for draft picks?

D'Pablo

Lloyd needs to hit the weight room and stop looking like some Ethiopian in football pads...

We need someone to go across the middle and make plays...throwing to the sideline all day is just not working....we need that posession / middle-of-the-field threat...

It would be nice if he hit the weight room and became that guy....

Why go over the middle when the best case scenario is that you'll maybe get a bounce pass twice a game when Moss is getting a breather. Brunell ONLY throws to moss.

TJ Duckett traded for 4th round pick

David Patten traded for 5th round pick

Christian Fauria 6th round pick

John Hall for 7th round pick

Mark Brunell for 6th round pick

Adam Archuleta for 4th round pick

----------------------------------------

That way we have a

NFL Draft 2007: 1st, 4th, 4th, 5th, 6th, 6th, 7th

We could then package a 4th and 5th to move into the third round.

If you can pull this off, you should be our next GM.:helmet:

If we're honest about getting some talented youth on this team' date=' we should concentrate on the draft. It's almost the antithesis of how this team has been run since after the 02' draft. The question is, who on this team is expendable and could net us as draft pick in return? Obviously, players such as Mark Brunell, Warrick Holdman, Kenny Wright, and Troy Vincent should be left off the list because they are either too old or too bad for another team to trade for.

I would seriously consider trading away:

TJ Duckett (if he doesn't void his last year)

Jon Jansen (while his name is still recognized around the league)

Andre Carter (he's still somewhat young and teams may take an interest)

Derrick Dockery (our youngest lineman and a decent player)

Casey Rabach (hasn't been up to snuff here, but was decent in Baltimore)

David Patten (wasting away on the bench, although he is a bit old)

Brandon Lloyd (he could be great, but he needs a great QB)

Christian Fauria (name recognition could land him elsewhere... I almost forgot he's on the team)[/quote']

You guys have 3 players worth trading: Portis, Taylor and Moss. You couldn't get anything for those has beens you listed.

Name me one year in which we did really well in the draft? NEVER. We get a guy here or there but we've never had a draft class that came in and made an impact. So why does anyone give a rats rear end about draft picks?

We did have the draft where we chose Sean Taylor in the first round and Chris Cooley in the 3rd. That qualifies as a good draft.

Since we are 2-5 I would say that the player's value goes down with the team record. What we need is a 1st round and a couple of 2nd, meaning we should trade Portis, Moss, or Taylor (I don't wanna think about it). We screwed up with the draft and know we are left to ponder.

Looks like we will be very busy on FA next year.

"You bring in all these guys from different teams every year, but then how do you establish what a 'Redskin' is?" said one former high-ranking official in the Washington organization. JLC Washington Post

Hail

yea why do we have to trade all those players......

the problem with the Redskins, although they don't build through the draft, is inconsistency. I am not talking about on the field, I am talking about off. Every year big changes occur, why don't we just draft with what weve got, maybe trade a higher pick for a couple lower picks and build with the squad we have. Quit changing everything and maybe we will win some games.

Despite being old, the backbone of this team is young.

Campbell, Moss, Portis, Taylor, Rogers (maybe) Cooley, Lloyd and randle el.

All those guys are young and talented, Rogers being the exception. Campbell of course is a question mark but if he turns out to play well, then this team will be fine.

:applause:

Archived