Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Oldest team in the league??? ugh....

TC

In 91 we were old, but we were a perennial playoff team. With teams like that, age isn't as big a deal because you can draft and develop young talent while the vets are winning. When your team is old and they are losing its a totally different ballgame. It means the vets need replacing, but there is no one to replace them with. That situation is a hard hole to dig out of.

The really sad thing is that if we do need to rebuild this team, with our cap and draft situation for 2007, we can't really begin the rebuilding until 2008.

One of the better posts I've seen on here in a while. You summed up perfectly, while it's sad to admit, it is the honest to god truth.

One of the better posts I've seen on here in a while. You summed up perfectly, while it's sad to admit, it is the honest to god truth.

That is assuming that Campbell is the deal. If JC does not succeed the skins will take even longer to rebuild. Finding a good starting QB is hard to do.

Age doesn't matter. It's always been an overrated stat to talk about. I remember the 'skins being one of the oldest teams in '91 & winning the Super Bowl so - who cares.

Nobody cares - if you are old and good. The Skins are old and they stink.

That is assuming that Campbell is the deal. If JC does not succeed the skins will take even longer to rebuild. Finding a good starting QB is hard to do.

Or, maybe another Drew Brees becomes available. I'd rather go that way than take my chances on a QB in the draft, where only a handful of guys seem sure things.

Man, how did this season get so out of control so quickly? I think that the team deserves the benefit of the doubt for one more game, but if they play against Dallas as they've been playing to this point then it's time to pull the plug, start JC, and dump some of these older guys in the offseason.

Archived