Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"I'm very honored."

Kyle

This is the quote attributed to Brian Mitchell in his bio, as found in the 70 Greatest Redskins CD handed out at the game last night. The quote caught my attention as being somewhat less candid that what he said at the time he was named.

Holds record for most combined yards in Redskins' history… Most punts returned for touchdowns as a Redskin with seven… Named to the Pro Bowl in 1995… Third all-time with 20,263 all-purpose yards… NFL record holder with 11,735 kickoff return yards and 4,278 punt return yards… The first time he touched the ball as a pro, returned the opening kickoff of preseason 92 yards for a touchdown against Atlanta… Joins former teammate Darrell Green as the only active players on the "70 Greatest" team… Proud of being named to the squad, "I'm very honored."

Wife Monica… One child… Very active in the community… Founded several charity programs in home state of Louisiana as well as Washington… Known as a great chef, specializing in Cajun cuisine… Currently plays for the Philadelphia Eagles.

If you haven't looked at your CD yet, I might save you the time - not much there. Art Monk and Larry Brown have no "bio", and for Sammy Baugh, you get "No picture available" (as is the case for roughly a third of the players). There is, however, a handy link to get to the Nextel website. Not that I was expecting a lot, but you'd think they would have been able to dig up a picture of Sammy Baugh!

a_baugh_hi.jpg

I can not bash Brian Mitchell like some people on this board do. The guy gave it all for 10 Seasons only to be cut by Mr. Snyder to make room for Deion Sanders :geek: after he said he would stay with the Skins for the League Minimum so he could finish his career as a Redskins (not many athletes would say that)! I would be pi$$ed off it that happened to me too. :cuss:

Brian Mitchell will always be one of favorite Redskins and it makes me sick :puke: every time I see #30 in an Eagles Uniform!

Big thumbs down to the CD. I wasn't sure what the darn thing was last night, but I was kind of hoping that it would be a DVD of the video they showed before the game and after the ceremony. That would have kicked *ss.

Then I thought "Well, maybe if it has a full MP3 of Hail to the Redskins that would be something." Nope.

No picture of Sammy Baugh -- hah! However, did you know that Art Monk and Charles Mann will be making appearances at local Nextel outlets? You can get the schedule on the CD.

:rolleyes:

For the 75th I propose that when they include Arrington, Davis, Champ, Samuels, Jansen, and Smoot (hopefully Trotter) among the "active" in the next one, they use the guy that put together Santana Mosses rookie promo tape for the draft.

That is how you "market" a product, while telling a serious story!

Include some bio from the player, typing as you read it, while watching highlights, then have it fade to periodic interviews in the process then fade back to a few of the most memorable moments on the field, then fade into the next guy!

Originally posted by RySkins

We haven't even been given Christmas balls the last handful of years.

I thought I heard somewhere Snyder was Jewish? If so that might explain the lack of Christmas balls. (No offense intended for any of the Jewish members of this board)

Peace

For the 75th I propose that when they include Arrington, Davis, Champ, Samuels, Jansen, and Smoot (hopefully Trotter) among the "active" in the next one

You had to be on the Skins for at least 10 years for the 70th. If they do the same for the 75th, then most of those you mentioned still wouldn't make it. Davis would be the only one. Big Daddy?

Originally posted by fuji869

I can not bash Brian Mitchell like some people on this board do. The guy gave it all for 10 Seasons only to be cut by Mr. Snyder to make room for Deion Sanders :geek: after he said he would stay with the Skins for the League Minimum so he could finish his career as a Redskins (not many athletes would say that)! I would be pi$$ed off it that happened to me too. :cuss:

Brian Mitchell will always be one of favorite Redskins and it makes me sick :puke: every time I see #30 in an Eagles Uniform!

I'm sure that was Cerratto's doing. I sincerely hope that Snyder dumps him back into the dumpster (ESPN).

What is it with bashing x-Redskins on this board????? Now I can see people bashing guys like Gus, Connell, Shepherd, Stubblefield, Sean Gilbert, Deion etc.

But I can not see why people bashing players like

Brian Mitchell for reasons I have posted. Gees we seemed to like his trash talking and intensity when he was a Skin.

Brad Johnson, the only QB to take us to be playoffs in the Post Gibbs Era and by the way he made the Pro Bowl.

Marty who helped rally the team after an 0-5 start when the Skins could have tanked the rest of the season. By the way Marty has been a proven winner in the NFL and will do it again w/ San Diego.

It seem like when a player leaves the Skins no matter how he did here some people feel the need to bash him. :soapbox:

I am finished :D

What is it with bashing x-Redskins on this board????? Now I can see people bashing guys like Gus, Connell, Shepherd, Stubblefield, Sean Gilbert, Deion etc.

----------------------------------------------------------------

yes bash these people GUILTY AS CHARGED

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marty who helped rally the team after an 0-5 start when the Skins could have tanked the rest of the season. By the way Marty has been a proven winner in the NFL and will do it again w/ San Diego.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

not many people have defended marty,and i'll get bashed for it but i love marty ball(just not jimmy rayes version).he was well on his way to building a contender for DC.he did a superb job managing the cap other than letting centers walk.dilfer would have worked well in marty ball. httr

Originally posted by wayne

----------------------------------------------------------------

yes bash these people GUILTY AS CHARGED

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

not many people have defended marty,and i'll get bashed for it but i love marty ball(just not jimmy rayes version).he was well on his way to building a contender for DC.he did a superb job managing the cap other than letting centers walk.dilfer would have worked well in marty ball. httr

Thanks wayne :thumbsup:

Very well put!!!!! :cheers:

Archived