Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Broken Goverment

CrabR

anyone watching this series this week on CNN

Kinda eye opening. They congress was in sesson only 100 days last year and only worked tuesday though thursday usually (unless it involved terri schiavo )

It is all about the money, not legislation

Kinda eye opening. They congress was in sesson only 100 days last year and only worked tuesday though thursday usually (unless it involved terri schiavo )

This government (at the Federal level) has been broken for at least 140 years. It may even be longer than that, but the latest the US Federal government could be said to have had ANY relationship with the ideals of the Founding Fathers is the election of Abraham Lincoln in 1860.

At that point Lincoln and the Union Army stop the Second American Revolution in a bloody five year war, and the United States of America as comprised under the US Constitution ratified in 1784 died with the Army of Northern Virginia.

Hey, I don't think I will ever complain about Congress being ineffecient.

(Seeing as the only things they have the power to do is to sieze money and to make things illegal.)

Bumper sticker I once saw:

Thank God we don't get all the government we pay for.

This is a good thing.

The only time the country is safe is when Congress is in recess

Archived