Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brunell Supporters

MCruz1984

I still think he can do it. I just don't think he should be doing it. I want this man to play and get us there. But when the season's lost, put JC in.

I'm a HUGE Brunell backer. But when it's time for our "future" it's time. We need to know if JC can do it next year.

Jesus, I'm tired of typing the same crap over and over again.

I'll continue to call for Campbell to get some playing time at QB, but I'll post here what I was telling another fan at the Jaguars game.

The problem is not fully on Brunell's sholders. Part of the problem is the rest of the 10 players on offense not knowing the system either. Sure Brunell looks the worse because he's the one with the ball every play. But if Lloyd is supposed to run a 10 yard out route, and instead Lloyd goes 30 yards, Brunell can't throw it to him because he doesn't know where Lloyd will be. I have confidence that just like 3 years ago, when Gibbs first came in with his new offense, things will settle down and get back on track.

And if the problem is the other 10 players on offense and NOT Brunell, then it doesn't matter if Campbell or Collins is starting because the other 10 players on offense will still be the problem and whoever is at QB will look bad.

I still think he can do it. I just don't think he should be doing it. I want this man to play and get us there. But when the season's lost, put JC in.

I'm a HUGE Brunell backer. But when it's time for our "future" it's time. We need to know if JC can do it next year.

Jesus, I'm tired of typing the same crap over and over again.

:applause: Agreed on everything. While Im anxious to see JC play, Gibbs is correct in waiting for the right time.

As long as he lines up under center, I will support him. I know Mark is not totally at fault for our record. The defense can take more of the blame as far as I can tell. However, I hope that if we are out of it, we can give Jason some valuable experience for the future. Mark isn't getting any younger, and you would think if we don't have an incredible turnaround, he won't be our quarterback next year. Hopefully, we won't have a bunch of fans calling for Campbell's head when he gets in there while we go through the usual growing pains.

CHUMPS WHO MOCK JOE GIBBS ARE THE REAL "FAIRWEATHER FANS". IF THIS IS YOU, FIND SOMEONE ELSE TO ROOT FOR, BECAUSE THE REST OF US ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER. In Gibbs I Trust, HTTR

Sorry, but I've just got to reply to this signature!

Sorry but Joe Gibbs is not THE Redskins. One can be a Redskins fan without being a Joe Gibbs fan, and that doesn't make them a fairweather fan because they don't like Joe Gibbs. If thats the case, then the same thing should be said for any fan who likes the team in spite of Dan Snyder. We have quite a few of those.

Look, Joe Gibbs is a human being like all the rest of us. And just like you and me, he's going to make some mistakes. Even he admits that (AFTER EVERY GAME!). So we're allowed to say he makes mistakes, but not allowed to criticize him for it?

Yeah, you keep trusting in Gibbs. I've got much bigger things to worry about than whether or not I'm a "TRUE REDSKINS FAN" because I have a problem with Gibbs. So while you're "trusting in Gibbs", I'll be rooting for a Redskins victory.

The way i see it, Brunell is the middle man. The plays are called to him, its his job to get that info to the other players and then for them to carry the play out. If either end of the chain dont do their job correctly, then Brunell looks bad.

I think they all can do a better job at getting wins. From Saunders all the way to Moss. Brunell is just one part. Yes you can call for Campbell, who hasnt taken a regular season snap yet, or Collins who has never taken a snap as a Redskin, but really would they do any better at this point?

Sure Brunell looks the worse because he's the one with the ball every play. But if Lloyd is supposed to run a 10 yard out route, and instead Lloyd goes 30 yards, Brunell can't throw it to him because he doesn't know where Lloyd will be.

Wow, if Lloyd is running 30 yard Go-Routes instead of a 10 yard out, then he isn't near the reciever I thought he was in San Fran.

Is there any proof (and/or even rumors?) that Lloyd is having problems with his route running?

My problem with MB is that he is so obviously a backup quality QB now.

He isn't horrible, but he can't play game in game out because he physically can't take the heat, he struggles mightily when a team gameplans around him, and most of all the team is catering to his needs, when really the whole offense should be catering to Portis.

Instead our O-Line is constantly bubbling out for screens and getting worn out. Blitz pickup, when it doesn't involve the O-Line directly, is Brunell's deal, as is calling and throwing to a hot read.

The list of things that Brunnell doesn't do well is long, yet he still is a somewhat effective QB at times. If the D can stack the box and a simple cover 2 is played, he looks horrible.

Portis will not be Portis until the QB can prove he can hit the seams over the top and most importantly in the middle area of the field between the zones of the CBs and Safeties.

Brunell won't throw there because unless it is an out pattern where the WR has a 5 step lead on a CB, he won't throw it.

He will NEVER throw it when a defender is close. Even to Lloyd, who has mad hops and a 7 foot wingspan. Plus the best pair of stick mitts I've seen in the NFL today.

That, is my problem. I would like to hear Gibbs actually adress these things, like other modern NFL coaches do, instead of beating around the bush.

And pretending like we are idiots for wondering why the guy who you drafted with a value equivalent to a 14th-16th pick in the first round hasn't even been ACTIVE in 2 years. That is not cool, and its not cool for him to pretend like it is.

This post was not a response to yours directly ThinkingSkins, just the post that got me started on a Rant - which occured after reading the paper this morning. :rant:

Sorry but Joe Gibbs is not THE Redskins. One can be a Redskins fan without being a Joe Gibbs fan, and that doesn't make them a fairweather fan because they don't like Joe Gibbs. If thats the case, then the same thing should be said for any fan who likes the team in spite of Dan Snyder. We have quite a few of those.

Look, Joe Gibbs is a human being like all the rest of us. And just like you and me, he's going to make some mistakes. Even he admits that (AFTER EVERY GAME!). So we're allowed to say he makes mistakes, but not allowed to criticize him for it?

Yeah, you keep trusting in Gibbs. I've got much bigger things to worry about than whether or not I'm a "TRUE REDSKINS FAN" because I have a problem with Gibbs. So while you're "trusting in Gibbs", I'll be rooting for a Redskins victory.

Thats not what my sig means.

There are a bunch of folks on here mocking Gibbs in tasteless fashion. Youve heard them, 'super smart', 'played their guts out', etc., etc.

I never said you have to love him but whats the point in mocking him. He says the same things, win or lose, yet you dont hear these stooges mocking him when the team is winning.

Ive admitted he's made mistakes, thats not what Im saying. Im saying mocking the leader of this franchise because he wont play the qb of your preference, or for any reason for that matter, is extremely fairweather. Thats my opinion and I'll sport it just like everyone else sports theirs. Sorry if you dont like it. No, scratch that. I dont give a **** if you dont like it!

Yeah, you keep trusting in Gibbs. I've got much bigger things to worry about than whether or not I'm a "TRUE REDSKINS FAN" because I have a problem with Gibbs. So while you're "trusting in Gibbs", I'll be rooting for a Redskins victory.[/quote

I like the part where you said Gibbs is human and he CAN make mistakes.... :applause: .....Some times I really get the impression some people on the board forget the guy is a human being....he does and can make mistakes....thats what humans do.....he puts his pants on in the morning just like everyone else...therefore he can take constructive criticism...like everyone else..I don't agree with bashing the guy.....and I dont agree with people who act like you are satan if you peep one negative word about him. :2cents:

Thats not what my sig means.

There are a bunch of folks on here mocking Gibbs in tasteless fashion. Youve heard them, 'super smart', 'played their guts out', etc., etc.

I never said you have to love him but whats the point in mocking him. He says the same things, win or lose, yet you dont hear these stooges mocking him when the team is winning.

Ive admitted he's made mistakes, thats not what Im saying. Im saying mocking the leader of this franchise because he wont play the qb of your preference, or for any reason for that matter, is extremely fairweather. Thats my opinion and I'll sport it just like everyone else sports theirs. Sorry if you dont like it. No, scratch that. I dont give a **** if you dont like it!

We are who you thought you where!

Wow, if Lloyd is running 30 yard Go-Routes instead of a 10 yard out, then he isn't near the reciever I thought he was in San Fran.

I wasn't speaking from any factual evidence. I'm just saying that we don't know that Brunell is the bad guy vs other people on the team. Imagine if Portis is supposed to do a run to the left with Sellars as a lead blocker. Suppose Sellars goes right instead of left. Then Portis will get pounded, and moreso, it will look more like his fault because we don't know what Sellars was supposed to do.

When a play goes wrong, there are so many things taht could have gone wrong. We always just assume that it's the QB's fault and call for his head.

Is there any proof (and/or even rumors?) that Lloyd is having problems with his route running?

My problem with MB is that he is so obviously a backup quality QB now.

He isn't horrible, but he can't play game in game out because he physically can't take the heat, he struggles mightily when a team gameplans around him, and most of all the team is catering to his needs, when really the whole offense should be catering to Portis.

Instead our O-Line is constantly bubbling out for screens and getting worn out. Blitz pickup, when it doesn't involve the O-Line directly, is Brunell's deal, as is calling and throwing to a hot read.

The list of things that Brunnell doesn't do well is long, yet he still is a somewhat effective QB at times. If the D can stack the box and a simple cover 2 is played, he looks horrible.

Portis will not be Portis until the QB can prove he can hit the seams over the top and most importantly in the middle area of the field between the zones of the CBs and Safeties.

Brunell won't throw there because unless it is an out pattern where the WR has a 5 step lead on a CB, he won't throw it.

He will NEVER throw it when a defender is close. Even to Lloyd, who has mad hops and a 7 foot wingspan. Plus the best pair of stick mitts I've seen in the NFL today.

That, is my problem. I would like to hear Gibbs actually adress these things, like other modern NFL coaches do, instead of beating around the bush.

This is kinda what I was talking about. I think the main thing is the overall confidence that Brunell has in his WRs. He really trusts Moss because he knows Moss. He doesn't know Lloyd, and neither of them know Saunders's playbook, so its hard for them to get into a rhythm.

And pretending like we are idiots for wondering why the guy who you drafted with a value equivalent to a 14th-16th pick in the first round hasn't even been ACTIVE in 2 years. That is not cool, and its not cool for him to pretend like it is.

This post was not a response to yours directly ThinkingSkins, just the post that got me started on a Rant - which occured after reading the paper this morning. :rant:

I understand...

Archived