Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

8-1 run, or we're done

RedzoneHunter

So much for last weeks thread, "8-2 or we're through." But the odds were never in our favor for that one.

And although our chances of going 8-1 are slim and none, 8-1 is still possible, the only thing is.....don't hold your breath. Let's face reality, the redskins are not a team that was ready to face a team of the colts caliber, however, the rest of the games are more win-able, especially when all our divisional games will be at home, except for the one in Philly.

To add to the drama, no one outside of the organization can be real sure who will be starting at quarterback for the next game, but we will find out soon enough. I believe after 5 losses before reaching the mid-point of the season, it may be time to pull the plug on Brunell, and insert Campbell. However, knowing Gibbs, since we haven't actually been eliminated from playoff contention yet, he will probably stick with Brunell for at least one more week. I would go the opposite direction, which would at least give Campbell a small margin of error, or the right to lose one game, before we flush the season down the toilet. After all, Brunell had his shot.

And since we are talking changes, maybe we should also take a look at the defensive side of the ball as well....

Our run defense failed to show up yesterday. Granted, Griffin was absent, but the rookies covered pretty well. We made a change at middle linebacker, from Marshall to Campbell. This doesn't appear to be the answer. Maybe we could put Holdman in the middle, and bring in McIntosh next time? Holdman looked better in the middle than he did on the outside in pre-season, and Rocky needs to start getting some real time experience.

And while we're at it, maybe we could bench Archuleta, play Vincent at free safety and move Sean Taylor to strong safety where he really belongs in this league. Taylor may be fast once he gets going, but he's not quick enough to play free safety at this level, but he would be a pro-bowl strong safety.

So much for last weeks thread, "8-2 or we're through." But the odds were never in our favor for that one.

And although our chances of going 8-1 are slim and none, 8-1 is still possible.

I will take none for 500 alex

answer is:

washington redskins

question:

the 2-5 team that needs to go 8-1 or 9-0 to make the playoffs.....:laugh: :doh:

how would 8-1 be a possibility???

Very Very Tough schedule of impending doom.

our remaining schedule

Dallas

@Philly

@Tampa Bay

Carolina

Atlanta

Philly

@New Orleans

@St. Louis

NY Giants

Where on earth could we POSSIBLY even be .500 with this schedule???

Just being realistic here.

our remaining schedule

Dallas

@Philly

@Tampa Bay

Carolina

Atlanta

Philly

@New Orleans

@St. Louis

NY Giants

we will not be favored in any games the rest of the year

Give the ball to Jason.

if Jason get the ball then the skins be 2-14

People it took brunell a year and half to get comfortable with gibbs offense now he is starting over again ....if brunell is the Qb next year then you will see Trent Green type games out of brunell next year .

Very Very Tough schedule or impending doom.

our remaining schedule

Dallas

@Philly

@Tampa Bay

Carolina

Atlanta

Philly

@New Orleans

@St. Louis

NY Giants

Good point, however...

Don't look now, but we're still alive!

if Jason get the ball then the skins be 2-14

People it took brunell a year and half to get comfortable with gibbs offense now he is starting over again ....if brunell is the Qb next year then you will see Trent Green type games out of brunell next year .

Campbell will definitely make some mistakes, but I highly doubt that he would be locking onto Moss all the time, and would go deep without hesitation, which is exactly what this offense needs to open things up. I do believe that when Campbell finally gets his shot, there will be no looking back.

Campbell will definitely make some mistakes, but I highly doubt that he would be locking on Moss all the time and would go deep without hesitation, which is exactly what this offense needs to open things up. I do believe that when Campbell finally gets his shot, there will be no looking back.

Well, the short passing game is due to a couple of things.

Brunell has like 1 sec to pass the ball when Jansen keeps getting knocked around like a little beetch.

playcalling is coming from upstairs, calls for short passes.

Offensive line is well....offensive.....did I already say that????

How about just, "We're done."

I've never been a quitter and I'm not going to start quitting now. Never say die, if there's a will, there's a way!

And even after we're done, it will be fun to watch who the real quitters are on this team. Some play for the paycheck, while others actually play for the love of the game.

But, we're not dead just yet!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived