Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Watching Mcnabb for a while its easy to see what we are missing

AUskins

Watching the eagles last drive really makes it obvious what we are missing. Mcnabb constantly eluded multiple defenders on the rush 3, 4 times on one drive and made plays. Once he hit an open man for a big gain, another time he ran for about 25 yards, third time he eluded 4 guys to get the ball into the end zone for a touchdown.

All 3 of those plays are certain sacks on Brunell. He just cant make those kind of plays.

That is the difference in a game manager and a play maker.

BTW I know they are losing, but making a point.

Good point. With how fast D-lineman are these days, and how often teams blitz you need to have a QB that can move in the pocket. Not necessarily one that can run, but one that can get away from defenders to give the receivers time to get open.

If there's one thing you can't knock Brunell for it's not being mobile enough. Considering his age, he's far more mobile than most quarterbacks. Not only that, but compared to other QB's he's been sacked very few times this season.

While I would have agreed with this when he was at Jax I dont agree now. I dont think you can qualify his mobility based on his age, you need to compare it directly to other QBs regardless of age.

Archived