Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Day of game/scalping tickets at Fed ex?

red dot in a sea of blue

Just found out that I'm free to go down to DC this week end and am wondering if anyone has ever scalped tickets at the stadium before. I usually have tickets for the game before I go but alway see people (not just scalpers) selling tickets that look pretty decent, but have never asked prices or location. I'm looking for 3 tickets, so it's kind of an akward number.

Can anyone tell me if it's worth winging it this week end and just showing up,or am I better off trying (to no avail at this point) craigslist or ebay?

Thanks, and hope to see you guys there!!!

HTTR!!

Just found out that I'm free to go down to DC this week end and am wondering if anyone has ever scalped tickets at the stadium before. I usually have tickets for the game before I go but alway see people (not just scalpers) selling tickets that look pretty decent, but have never asked prices or location. I'm looking for 3 tickets, so it's kind of an akward number.

Can anyone tell me if it's worth winging it this week end and just showing up,or am I better off trying (to no avail at this point) craigslist or ebay?

HTTR!!

Instead of buying from a scalper, try heading to the section of the forum where ppl are selling tickets for face value... ticket scalping is illegal so talking about it by either encouraging the purchace or doing it yourself if prohibited on this forum.

Instead of buying from a scalper, try heading to the section of the forum where ppl are selling tickets for face value... ticket scalping is illegal so talking about it by either encouraging the purchace or doing it yourself if prohibited on this forum.

could it be because the Danny owns StubHub.com?

in response to the thread, I've always had luck grabbing tix where the cash lot busses drop off

HTTR!!

I went to FEDEX yesterday to pay a bill and a brittish(?) guy came behind me and asked if there were any tickets available, and they said yes. They were selling some of the lower bowl tickets half price. I think he paid $60 bucks or something like that. You might want to call if you really would like to go, and not worry about contacting others on ebay, and craigslist.

Good Luck.

Thanks "Mr. Rules",

I've been there, and there aren't any... I'm guessing most people have sold thier tickets already as it's pretty last minute. Trust me, I HATE scalpers and was more interested in buying form someone who has extra, but if it came down to going or not going I'd pay a scalper...

Last year my buddy got two lower bowl tix for $60 apiece before the Eagles game. About 15 rows back on the 10 yard line, pretty good seats.

I was pissed considering I bought my 2 club tix on Ebay beforehand (with a parking pass) for $400. I'll never sit in Club again...it sucks.

Webster's Dictionary defines the word "Scalp" in reference to ticket resale as "2:to resell at greatly increased prices (~tickets). This poses the question 'If a person is elling Redskins tickets at a price below the face value on the ticket, does that make one a scalper'? I believe that the term scalper is often misused when referring to those who sell tickets outside of FedEx. If you actually check the prices and negotiate them down, you'll find that nearly all of the upper level, and many of the lower level seats sell for below face value at the game. Most of the bros. selling tickets at the game are not "scalpers" rather they are "hustlers" who provide a valuable service that gets people into games at a fraction of the cost of what the real scalpers on Ebay and Craigslist want. Scalpers are brokers and the Redskins who sell their own tickets at above face on Stubhub.

Scalping Tix is selling tickets for any price above face value, if face value is paid for any tickets sold outside the stadium then you are not scalping nor buying scalped tickets.

I was not trying to say that you couldn't buy tickets to the game outside the park for vace value or below....

I wasn't asking to be called "mr. rules" I just know that promoting actual scalping will get you banned from this forum, and I was trying to help you, sorry if you didn't get that impression, I didn't mean to be anything but helpful.

They'll be overpriced but you can always find those scalper rings on street corners and the like willing to buy and sell tickets and parking passes if all else fails. Otherwise just walk around the parking lot until you find someone with an extra.

Scalping Tix is selling tickets for any price above face value, if face value is paid for any tickets sold outside the stadium then you are not scalping nor buying scalped tickets.

I was not trying to say that you couldn't buy tickets to the game outside the park for vace value or below....

I wasn't asking to be called "mr. rules" I just know that promoting actual scalping will get you banned from this forum, and I was trying to help you, sorry if you didn't get that impression, I didn't mean to be anything but helpful.

No problem... I should have put an "I'm joking" face after "mr. rules"... I'd rather find LL tickets for face or below, but I don't think the guys selling tickets either above or below face value at the staduim are better or worse then some of the jerks selling on ebay, stubhub, etc. I've seen last row upper level in the corner on sale for $200 a ticket, it's disgusting and I wouldn't pay them if there were better/more honest ways to get tickets on a regular basis. Now that's not to say all sellers on ebay or stubhub are ripping people off, but it makes it seem like the people only selling "slightly above" face value are heros. The thing that bothers me the most is the sclapers that buy tickets form honest fans just trying to recover cost, and then selling to guys like me for a 200%+ mark up. So again, I'd love to not have to deal with it, and I know it's illegal, but if it comes down to paying $100+ for the last row of the 400's on stubhub, or taking my chances at the staduim and getting a better deal even if it means missing some of the game, unfortunatly I'm going to save money by buying form the illegal sellers at the stadium rather then from the "should be just as" illegal seller on line....

There are many good seats to be found on the lot gameday morning. The prices are always better, especially for a winless team from the AFC south. Don't be intimidated by the hustlers. They want to make their cut and you want to save yours. Ask the dude what he has and bargain down. Walk away if you don't get your price and usually he'll follow you w/a comprimise. Keep your eyes on the tickets and seat location he shows you, because some of the hustlers will pull the switch-a-roo with the seat locations as your handing them the cash. If you wait till near gametime, you'll pay way less then Ebay, Stubhub or Craigslist. I practice this method for almost every game and I've never once heard of fake tickets at FedEx.

You could also try the ticket office and see if they have any left.

These tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis.

Tickets are limited to 6 per person.

Tickets range from $53 for upper level tickets to $129 for lower level tickets.

Quantities are extremely limited so don't delay.

Call 301-276-6050 to order.

Ticket price includes all handling and service charges.

Archived