Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles WR's

Theo

Lewis excels coming off the bench because of his speed. He is not a full time starter. That's how he made his big plays this year, and that's why he was successful in 2004.

He looks like your best WR right now...but, that's just my opinion.

Here's something I want to clerify right now. And I think I can speak for almost all eagles fans on this board. Look at the predictions made nationally and by many of you on this message board. Everyone said the Eagles were done. The window had closed. They were never really that good. It was all the product of the NFC East. Etc.

I don't think anyone here is saying the Eagles are going to be resting their starters waiting for the superbowl. But I am here to remind those how wrong they are for the accusations they did make. It just so happens you guys are really good at back-pedalling and revising your arguments in your own minds, to where you believe your right the strong majority of the time.

I picked them to come in second in the NFCE...still do.

The Eagles aren't bad.

I think it's been shown that McNabb can get by with average receivers if he gets enough time from his offensive line.

Make no mistake. They are still average. Brown's TD should have been intercepted by Williams. It was a poorly thrown ball into double coverage, and Roy got confused.

Basket made a double move on a blitz. On a blitz. How did this have enough time to work? The offensive line.

Actually, the pass was perfect by McNabb--the only place it could have been. It may not have been a good DECISION to throw the ball, but the pass itself was great. An INT would have been negated anyway because of the holding.

I don't think the Eagles WRs have any world-beaters (though I do like the young corps as a whole), but outside of Moss, I have seen little that would lead me to prefer Lloyd/ARE over Brown etc.

Are you sure you're a NO fan?

Stallworth hasn't played in two games...to be a great player, you have to play.

Brown is the worst of the lot for Philly. Lewis, Baskett, Brown...that's the way I see it...and that isn't very good.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You're killing me over here. Lewis as the number one? Holy ****. This is good stuff.

Which is exactly what Eagles fans tried to tell the haters all off-season. All I remember hearing was,"they played in a mediocre NFC then, that won't cut it now." Looks like it does.
The season is a far way from over and rather it "cuts it" is to be determined.

Here's something I want to clerify right now. And I think I can speak for almost all eagles fans on this board. Look at the predictions made nationally and by many of you on this message board. Everyone said the Eagles were done. The window had closed. They were never really that good. It was all the product of the NFC East. Etc.

I don't think anyone here is saying the Eagles are going to be resting their starters waiting for the superbowl. But I am here to remind those how wrong they are for the accusations they did make. It just so happens you guys are really good at back-pedalling and revising your arguments in your own minds, to where you believe your right the strong majority of the time.

I said and still say that the eagles will crumble when they reach the difficult part of their schedule and if that doesnt happen I will be the first to admit Im wrong. Until then I will stick to my guns.

If you thought the Eagles were an elite team, you'd tell me they would match up well against the Bears...but you and I know that they don't. No one in the NFCE does right now.

If I were delusional then yes. The Eagles are a good team, but the bears are by far and away the best team out there. Nobody can match up with them right now.

Actually, the pass was perfect by McNabb--the only place it could have been. It may not have been a good DECISION to throw the ball, but the pass itself was great.

If the pass should have been picked off, it isn't great.

but I agree with you the decision was bad.

Hey, they won. A division win at home. So more power to them.

I don't see how you couldn't pick El as at least the 4th WR if you were mashing our WR corp together. #1 Moss, #2 Stallworth #3 Brown and #4 El

Sure. I don't disagree with that at all. I was just disputing the fact that some like ARE or BLloyd would be the Eagles #1 WR. I don't think that's true.

I said and still say that the eagles will crumble when they reach the difficult part of their schedule and if that doesnt happen I will be the first to admit Im wrong. Until then I will stick to my guns.

Ding!

Our WR's aren't mediocre. They're young and they're very good. Have fun dealing with them for the next 5+ seasons. Give credit where credit is due.

With no running game, I don't think Donovan will last five years...

You're giving me a headache tr1. You won't give the Eagles credit until they're perfect and even then you'll find something to gripe about. Just admit you're a hater and are not an objevtive fan when it comes to the NFCE.

Take some asprin...or don't post here... ;)

If the pass should have been picked off, it isn't great.

but I agree with you the decision was bad.

Hey, they won. A division win at home. So more power to them.

It was a free play because of the hold on Baskett. Everyone on the Eagles knew it, that's why they were all celebrating even though the flag was on the field after the TD. They knew it was against Dallas. When you have a free play you take a shot, the pass was perfect and Brown made a great catch. Give us some f'n credit for once.

Let's be realistic here. Maybe a lot of people underestimated who the Eagles had at receiver. Maybe they are better than most people think. Maybe not household names but so far they've gotten the job done.

The biggest problem though is dropped balls. Reggie is probably leading the team in this category. He will make a great/good catch and then suddenly he drops some lame ass slant route. LJ is another culprit. He's even worse sometimes.

Take some asprin...or don't post here... ;)

oooooohhhhhhhh............. you gonna take your ball and go home too ? ;)

Gotta say though, even though I don't post here much anymore, watching you all backpeddal and change your "reasons" why the Eagles and their F.O. are bad on a nearly weekly basis is great entertainment.

Just the fact that you all talked so much ish about the Eagles WR all offseason, yet in this very thread are arguing if your beloved ARE would be the EAgles #3 or #4 WR is freaking classic.

oooooohhhhhhhh............. you gonna take your ball and go home too ? ;)

Gotta say though, even though I don't post here much anymore, watching you all backpeddal and change your "reasons" why the Eagles and their F.O. are bad on a nearly weekly basis is great entertainment.

Just the fact that you all talked so much ish about the Eagles WR all offseason, yet in this very thread are arguing if your beloved ARE would be the EAgles #3 or #4 WR is freaking classic.

Didn't want to disrupt your non-posting string...

See you at the end of the season...

Archived