Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

*Ahmad Carroll released* MERGED

Kevin101

Absolutely sign him - it is definately worth a shot.

How many other "rejects" has GW picked up? Man I remember all the negative talk about Springs and Griffin when they got here.

Man... I thought he got ruffed up too during last nights game, but a release? Wow. They aren't messing around in greenbay anymore.

I'm very happy with Mike Rumph's progress though, so who knows. 6'2" CBs that can cover and hit like Rumph can are very very hard to come by. Other than Al Harris, I don't know of another 6'2" CB in the league, really.

Maybe there was a fight or something after the game?

Absolutely sign him - it is definately worth a shot.

How many other "rejects" has GW picked up? Man I remember all the negative talk about Springs and Griffin when they got here.

Man... I thought he got ruffed up too during last nights game, but a release? Wow. They aren't messing around in greenbay anymore.

I'm very happy with Mike Rumph's progress though, so who knows.

Maybe there was a fight or something after the game?

yeah cant believe they didnt release favre:laugh:

sign him gw ASAP! With Springs questionable we need all the depth at cb we can get! This guy was a former 1st rounder and had just one bad game. I think gw would be able to work him into the scheme and he'd be a beast for us! Young with a lot of talent! GET HIM!!!!!

just one bad game!!! he got torched all last year which is why the pack signed a washed up charles woodson and then he gets hurt and they go right ahead an attack carroll...while we are at it why dont we sign charles rodgers too.

The Green Bay Packers on Tuesday released cornerback Ahmad Carroll. Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations Ted Thompson made the announcement.

Carroll, the Packers' first-round selection in the 2004 NFL Draft, played 34 games in three seasons, starting 28 contests. He had 104 tackles (95 solo), three interceptions, three sacks, 26 passes defensed, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery.

From the packers website

I still don't get it, I must not know the whole story... though I've read things on fan blogs as early as September "hoping" for a release of the 3rd year CB.

He's never been that bad, by any means, and he is fast as hell, it must be off the field trouble.

Even though he's been playing bad, I cant believe GB let him go. Its not normal to just see a team release a player who they drafted recently and hope so much out of.

I wouldnt be mad if we picked him up. If Rumph turned it around so much, why cant he? He did have NO safety help in GB.

against greg lewis:rolleyes:

against greg lewis:rolleyes:
just one bad game!!! he got torched all last year which is why the pack signed a washed up charles woodson and then he gets hurt and they go right ahead an attack carroll...while we are at it why dont we sign charles rodgers too.

So he isn't a number 1 CB, so what?

If Charles Rogers wasn't an active coke head and headache - he would be a great fifth WR.

Catch my drift? Nobody is saying start him over Carlos, sheesh.

As I said, re-read some of the comments on Rumph when he was traded for, or Springs, or Cornelius Griffin.

I'll trust the Redskin personnell people on this one. (like I have a choice! :laugh: )

Archived