Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Look at the stats

revallenjr

An All Around Great performance:

THe Jaguars dominated every team they played this year.

Dallas vs Jags

Time of Possession: Jags 34:12 Dallas 25:48 Jags by 8:24

First Downs: Jags 22 Dallas 14 Jags by 8 first downs

Total Yards: Jags 307 Dallas 323 Cowboys by 16yds

Pit vs Jags

Time of Possession: Jags 37:25 Steelers 22:35 Jaguars by 14:50

First Downs Jags 17 Steelers 9 Jaguars by 8 first downs

Total Yds Jags 362 Steelers 153 Jaguars by 209 yrds

Colts vs Jags

Time of Possessions Jags 39:24 Colts 20:36 Jaguars by 18:48

First Downs Jags 20 Colts 14 Jaguars by 6 first Downs

Total Yards Jags 297 Colts 272 Jaguars by 25 yrds

Jags vs Skins

Time of Possession Jags 24:32 Skins 35:28 Skins by 10:56

First Downs Jags 12 Skins 22 Skins by 10 first Downs

Total Yds Jags 307 Skins 481 Skins by 174 yds

What those stats show, is that we played a well rounded team that plays ball control offences and dominating defence. They were averaging nearly 37 minutes of offense per game and we held them to 24:32. They were averaging nearly 20 first dows per game and we held them to 12. They let up an average of 249 yrds per game and we totaled 481. They were allowing less than 12 points per game, and we hit them for 36.

Except for a few big plays (Which we need to do a better job tackeling), we dominated a very good football on both sides of the ball.

I think the Redskins are getting things together, and are a team that others are going to be taking notice of.

Tell me what you think.

The only misleading part of that is we had to bring blitzers to apply pressure. the d-line isn't really generating that much of a rush. Out of all those sacks, how many were caused by crowding the LOS with safties and linebackers?

I'm sorry I'm being pessimistic but we need Springs back in the WORSE way.

I'm not doubting that we need springs back, that is why we got burned for the big plays, but regardless of where the pressure came from, We got him 4 times. With Springs in there, maybe the blitz is not so much a gamble.

Another stat I failed to mention, The Jaguars had 2 sacks in each of their first three games and only allowed 1 sack per game. We gave up 0 sacks and scorched them with 4 of our own. So much for Williams not putting any preasure on the other teams!

Yea I know! Our O-line dominated them the whole game! We dominated them hands down!

Holy crap...lol :laugh:...The Skins just controlled (stat-wise, anyway) a team that had been controlling (stat-wise, anyway) all of its previous opponents.

No doubt about it...the Redskins tore **** up yesterday. :cheers:

Exactly! We controlled them and did what we wanted to do, and made their D look sub-par!

Hail! :point2sky

The Jags were letting up an average of 59 yrds rushing per game, we walked all over them for 152yrds. They let up an average of 190 yrds passing per game, we we ended with 329. The Colts only had 209 yards passing against them.

Just maybe our offense is starting to CLICK.

The only misleading part of that is we had to bring blitzers to apply pressure. the d-line isn't really generating that much of a rush. Out of all those sacks, how many were caused by crowding the LOS with safties and linebackers?

I'm sorry I'm being pessimistic but we need Springs back in the WORSE way.

What, you think none of the other Jaguar opponents ever blitzed, only the Skins did?...lol

I think that history is going to show what a good team this Jacksonville team really is. We dominated most phases of the game and it still took O.T. to win. I think losing this game could have been a true back breaker. I also think that winning this game could be a "turning point" for the Skins.

I think that history is going to show what a good team this Jacksonville team really is. We dominated most phases of the game and it still took O.T. to win. I think losing this game could have been a true back breaker. I also think that winning this game could be a "turning point" for the Skins.

Agree a ton:logo:

Archived