Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Possesion Wideout

skinsrbeast

when we get in the redzone or in 3rd down situation, those are easy, we have our possesion reciever..... NOT. Where is our possesion reciever? We lost Gardner and Mccants (2 semi-tall possesion recievers) and gained, no doubtably better wide recievers, but these wide recievers are hard to fit in a system. With no tall threat, and no posesion guy, how do we get those up for grabs redzone catches, or those sideline grabs. I like all the wide-recievers we have but think about it, we have moss, lloyd, randel-el, patten, and thrash. Which one of those is considered our possesion reciever. Now don't get me wrong i have all the faith for the skins, but if you go back to the Spurrior 2003 year, and the Gibbs 2004 (all bad seasons, but beside the point) Coles wold get all the yards, but in the end, Dannarien Mccants(6) and Rod Gardner(5) got all the touchdowns in 2003. And in 2004, coles again got most the yardage, but Cooley had 6 TD's Gardner had 5 Td's yet again, and Robert Royal had 4 TD's.

Now i still believe the redskins will win the superbowl, but do you think that with the element of a possesion reciever gone, the redskins, will have to work new schemes, and trades to get one. Or will Cooley/Fauria emerge as our redzone and possesion guys.

Sellers is beast in the RZ. Id take him and Cooley not to mention we could line up with 4 wideouts and have plenty of options even if they are not too tall. Also Lloyd has shown he will go up and get the ball. And should those fail we have CP and Duckett to bruise it on it. Lets just hope to be there so many times we have this problem :)

Scott

Yes, but Lloyd has great extension and can really get up and go after the ball.. Lloyd is the possesion WR.. you dont have to be plaxico burress' height to be a possesion WR

Oh I dont disagree just answering the question. Lloyd has ups and if you do a youtube search or google you can see some of the amazing catches he has had in his career. Hopefully many more to come.

Scott

Oh I dont disagree just answering the question. Lloyd has ups and if you do a youtube search or google you can see some of the amazing catches he has had in his career. Hopefully many more to come.

Scott

Oh yeah, I've seen all those circus catches he's made... Makes me really excited hopefully they'll start to get some more passes thrown his way

Archived