Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Problem List:

DWARF-HOG

Okay he it goes. After reading most of the threads on this board and actually having the chance to watch the game, I devised a list of the current 'skins problems. Starting with

1) Brunell

2) Saunders and that 700 page book.

3) ol

4) dl

5) Portis health (maybe #1)

6) Tom Cruise (thx to Mr Snyder)

7) John "not Monty" Hall

8) Gibbs (don't agree, but i notice his name on some titles of threads)

9) Greg Williams

10) George W.

Intangibles:

Confidence -There is none

Passion-Lacking

Staying Focus-Which cause those 11 freaking penalties in the last game.

Did I leave anything out?

:notworthy to the :helmet: forever.

I think the problem lies not with the coaches. They don't play on the field.

It's with the players ... and, those who are supposed to be the playmakers ....

1/ Mark Brunell

2/ Andre Carter

3/ Kenny Wright

4/ O-Line

5/ D-Line

6/ John Hall

These are the areas that need serious overhauling!

Okay he it goes. After reading most of the threads on this board and actually having the chance to watch the game, I devised a list of the current 'skins problems. Starting with

1) Brunell

2) Saunders and that 700 page book.

3) ol

4) dl

5) Portis health (maybe #1)

6) Tom Cruise (thx to Mr Snyder)

7) John "not Monty" Hall

8) Gibbs (don't agree, but i notice his name on some titles of threads)

9) Greg Williams

10) George W.

Intangibles:

Confidence -There is none

Passion-Lacking

Staying Focus-Which cause those 11 freaking penalties in the last game.

Did I leave anything out?

:notworthy to the :helmet: forever.

Way off for the most part:

1) Brunell's inability to read coverage, get rid of the ball, and stand and deliver the ball accurately

2) No running game [due to CP's absence probably and it makes us one dimensional].

3) Secondary [blown coverages, penalties, and no starting shut-down corner] Some of this will change if Springs gets back healthy.

4) Way too much reliance on unproven Veterans to pick up the slack on defense. People playing or being put in positions that they have no business being in. Unfortunately, due to our lack of depth and health issues this won't change until our starters are fully healthy.

5) Better protection from TE's and Backs. Jansen had some issues but the Backs can help pick up the slack. They didn't.

6) In addition to #1 and #5 as I mentioned in #2, we're one dimensional.

1) Brunell YES

2) Saunders and that 700 page book. NO

3) ol NO [as a whole]

4) dl NO [secondary weak. DL and secondary work "hand in hand"-Greg Williams]

5) Portis health (maybe #1) YES

7) John "not Monty" Hall YES BEYOND 40 YARDS [what do ya' do? deal witht the hand you're dealt]

8) Gibbs NO WAY!

9) Greg Williams NO WAY!

Yeah, you left out a lot IMO. Moreover, you are focusing on things that aren't the top reason(s) why we are struggling. Secondary, QB play, no running game, better pass protection from Backs and Ends [you don't think we're in "Big" packages to stretch the D do ya?] They're there to protect most of the time even if they are asked to chip and go on delay routes they still have to put a hat on someone first.

I love the fact that our O-line and D-line take the brunt of the blame [watch Comcast sports interviews], but don't believe the hype. It ain't them. They are being asked to overcome things that most teams would not have to. The Vikes and Pukes are getting paid just like our guys, and you can only do so much when it comes to protecting your qb without support from your Backs or TE's to pick up extra rushers or asked to rush three D-linemen and expect to get pressure with 5 or 6 guys in protection. The onus falls elsewhere in my eyes.

HTTR!

Way off for the most part:

1) Brunell's inability to read coverage, get rid of the ball, and stand and deliver the ball accurately

2) No running game [due to CP's absence probably and it makes us one dimensional].

3) Secondary [blown coverages, penalties, and no starting shut-down corner] Some of this will change if Springs gets back healthy.

4) Way too much reliance on unproven Veterans to pick up the slack on defense. People playing or being put in positions that they have no business being in. Unfortunately, due to our lack of depth and health issues this won't change until our starters are fully healthy.

5) Better protection from TE's and Backs. Jansen had some issues but the Backs can help pick up the slack. They didn't.

6) In addition to #1 and #5 as I mentioned in #2, we're one dimensional.

1) Brunell YES

2) Saunders and that 700 page book. NO

3) ol NO [as a whole]

4) dl NO [secondary weak. DL and secondary work "hand in hand"-Greg Williams]

5) Portis health (maybe #1) YES

7) John "not Monty" Hall YES BEYOND 40 YARDS [what do ya' do? deal witht the hand you're dealt]

8) Gibbs NO WAY!

9) Greg Williams NO WAY!

Yeah, you left out a lot IMO. Moreover, you are focusing on things that aren't the top reason(s) why we are struggling. Secondary, QB play, no running game, better pass protection from Backs and Ends [you don't think we're in "Big" packages to stretch the D do ya?] They're there to protect most of the time even if they are asked to chip and go on delay routes they still have to put a hat on someone first.

I love the fact that our O-line and D-line take the brunt of the blame [watch Comcast sports interviews], but don't believe the hype. It ain't them. They are being asked to overcome things that most teams would not have to. The Vikes and Pukes are getting paid just like our guys, and you can only do so much when it comes to protecting your qb without support from your Backs or TE's to pick up extra rushers or asked to rush three D-linemen and expect to get pressure with 5 or 6 guys in protection. The onus falls elsewhere in my eyes.

HTTR!

This list is based on what I have read on other threads and some on my views.

No way do I think Gibbs or Williams is the reason for an 0-2 start. But from other threads I do see some so call fans are blaming Gibbs.

My be thing are the intangibles.

I see that we are playing in order to avoid losing rather than taking charge and winning. Confidence is very lacking, especially at qb.

Fundamentals are out the window. And I do not see anyone fired up.

Maybe we ought to bench Brunell for at least couple of games in order to get his head on straight.

The discipline..the team is committing way too many penalties. I know there are a litany of problems, but in my mind the penalties are just as serious as any of the other problems. Nothing slows down the offense or throws the defense more off balance than a stupid avoidable penalty.

The problem is not having Bobby Beathard when he was in his prime. Joe Gibbs is a great coach but I question his signings. I mean no disrespect to Joe Gibbs. A real GM that can evaluate talent is what seems to be missing. I think Saunders needs complete control for the calls. Jason should start and lets see what happens.

lets not forget STs play , we are letting them get great field position by not getting to the ball , frost is punting well , but on KO returns and punt returns i get nervous as hell cause it looks like they are always one broke tackle away from taking it home on us ...... we need to get to the ball faster and tackle better

Archived