Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Quick FF question ...

Henry

Ok, so my QBs are Gannon and Feidler, and Feidler is going to miss 6-8 weeks, so I need to pick up a backup. Both Ramsey and Brees are available FAs. I'm leaning towards Ramsey.

And if I do pick up Ramsey, would anyone even consider starting him against a not-so-great Packers defense this week? Gannon is facing SD.

What do you all think?

You're kidding, right? Gannon's playing on arguably the best team in football, with arguably the best offense in football. Ramsey, while he'll put up good fantasy numbers for a rookie, isn't even guaranteed to finish the games he's starting if he's not doing well. Play Gannon, and keep Ramsey around for your bye week.

Brees. He's in his second season and playing better than Ramsey. Being in a keeper league won't matter, as neither Ramsey nor Brees will perform well enough for you to keep one or the other over some of your starters....(unless you get to keep more than 4 or 5 guys...unusual for a football keeper league).

In a keeper league, I would take Ramsey. I think that he has more upside playing in Spurrier's offense than Brees has playing for Marty, from a strictly fantasy stat perspective, that is. Over his career, Ramsey is just going to throw more passes than Brees, if both coaches stay.

Brees - offensively can adjust quickly like Ramsey, to ANY role and has the ability to me more mobile in the pocket, something Ramsey's still learning. Brees made it a staple at Purdue, just doesn't do it as much in the NFL. Overall, he's a bit further along than Ramsey, so his numbers and his abilties to win games is greater.

Ramsey - Nothing short of quck adjustments and effort. He's on Brees' heels as more than an impressive rookie. Ramsey is VERY special!

Archived