Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Computer gurus...a little help, please

21KO

Finally broke down and got a laptop. How do you guys transfer your music from PC to PC? Burn a DVD? That's what I'm doing now. Is there a way to directly connect the two via usb or something?

Thanks in advance!

you can network them, or attach them via null modem. if you have a flash drive, you can stor stuff on that and transfer it over instead of wasting DVDs.

Thanks PP, but I need it in layman's terms lol. Null modem? WTH? :rolleyes: I know just enough to get by. Sad.

The DVD thing is working, but you have to have the DVD in the laptop to play the tunes. It only transfers the track info. Which is useful, but still sucks. But I'm gonna be in a hotel room for 6 weeks, so it's not like it'll be a pain to have a few DVD's sitting around.

Thanks PP, but I need it in layman's terms lol. Null modem? WTH? :rolleyes: I know just enough to get by. Sad.

The DVD thing is working, but you have to have the DVD in the laptop to play the tunes. It only transfers the track info. Which is useful, but still sucks. But I'm gonna be in a hotel room for 6 weeks, so it's not like it'll be a pain to have a few DVD's sitting around.

ok, probably the easiest thing to do if you don't plan on actually having a full network, just transferring files, is to use a USB Network Cable. the go for about $30, and you can copy files from your PC to your laptop.

a null modem is a serial cross-over thingy that takes input and transfers it to output. that way when a information is sent, it is sent to one of the pins that recieves data instead of one that sends data.

You should also keep backups of your music too....So the DVD idea isn't such a bad one, even if you do end up networking them.

I never thought of that, but you're right. I burned four DVD's and am copying them now. Will have the DVD's for backup. Excellent point.

Archived