Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kennedy High School Football

Brianbien83

I teach and coach at John F. Kennedy High School in Silver Spring. Kennedy's varsity on Friday night won their first game in over 2 1/2 seasons. I just want to give it up for the players and coaches who worked their butts off this offseason to get in a position to perform that feat. You cannot believe how hard everyone associated with that program has worked. Also, the JV squad crushed their opponent on Saturday morning. Good job guys and keep up the good work.

Yeah, we beat Einstein. The starting quarterback got thrown out like 5 minutes into the game, but I don't think that made much of a difference. There's one guy, #90 on Einstein who should be a straight stud. I have no idea what year he is, but he's big, he's got hands and he makes good reads. Only problem was, he never left the field, so he got tired quickly.

Damn yall!! There was so much talk about the game. I know everybody on the team.

Number 90 is David Bailey, and yes he is a beast. 99 is Chris, hes a beats too, plays DT if im right.

What the quaterback do? Didnt hear about that.

What was the score of the JV game?

By the way, two years ago, our varsity team beat yours by a field goal. All our players were crying cause it was the first time they won in so long.

I teach and coach at John F. Kennedy High School in Silver Spring. Kennedy's varsity on Friday night won their first game in over 2 1/2 seasons. I just want to give it up for the players and coaches who worked their butts off this offseason to get in a position to perform that feat. You cannot believe how hard everyone associated with that program has worked. Also, the JV squad crushed their opponent on Saturday morning. Good job guys and keep up the good work.

Wow, they actually won a game? LOL I think they may have won one of the two or so games that I went to when I was there (I'm pretty sure it was over Rockville).

Oh wow that is crazy. I went to Kennedy, graduated 2003. Well good job to all the players and coaches, although I must admit it's embarassing my old alma mater has been that mediocre.

How do you like Gunnard? He's one "cool cat" lol. He was the OC for me last year at Churchill. He's one funny dude. I played QB for him last season-- I started against y'all in that scrimmage. I was the one who was scrambling around in there looking like Mike Vick :rolleyes:. Got some good trash talking with Gunnard going on, but you guys played real well. (He was complaining that I was scrambling around when his players were told not to hit me, so my coach said "fine, lay him out," to which I responded "you've got to catch me before you hit me," even though I run like a 6 second 40 yd dash)

Thank Gunnard for his kind words to me after the game, and tell him I agree and I wish he was still here at WCHS so his opinions were worth a little more to me than compliments. ;) Drop the nickname 'Smurf' and he'll know what you're talking about.

I'm a little surprised at the JV victory, because from what I saw during stretching and warmups our JV offense was absolutely demolishing you guys. Like a touchdown every other play domination. Maybe our JV is really, really good. Or maybe you guys just hired Spurrier and "coached 'em up" the last couple weeks. :laugh:

Congratulations on the win and good luck the rest of the year. :applause:

BTW- you guys caused us to have to do some pretty serious running after that scrimmage. :mad:

Yeah, the JV scrimmage was pretty pathetic from our end. We obviously rectified some of the issues.

You must have had some good tackling drills going on that week. ;)

Do you coach Varsity or JV?

I can't make fun of you guys though; I played like crap that game. The week before I was 11 of 12 for about 120 yards or so and a TD. That game I just was off mentally with my reads and physically with my throws. Maybe it was from all those late helmet to helmet hits your defense put on me. ;)

Seriously tho, please do thank Gunnard for his kind words to me("Smurf") after the game. Tell him they meant alot, and hopefully it comes to pass.

:cheers:

Archived