Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs' previous preseaon records???

BG4SHEEZEE

Was just wondering what was JG's preseason record in the years he won the super bowl? I saw it posted in here a while ago but couldn't find it. I am trying to prove to a Dallas fan I work with exactly why I am not too concerned with our showing thus far. Anybody have the record???

:dallasuck

Here are his preseason records.

1981 3-1

1982 0-4 Super Bowl Champs

1983 2-2 NFC Champs

1984 2-2 Division Champs

1985 4-0

1986 3-1 NFC Runnerup

1987 3-1 Super Bowl Champs

1988 3-1

1989 4-1

1990 3-1 2nd round

1991 1-3 Super Bowl Champs

1992 1-4 2nd round

2004 3-2

2005 1-3 2nd round

2006 0-3 ???

http://www.redskins.com/news/mediaguide/2005Year-by-YearStatistics.pdf

page 51 and 52

I think people are focusing too much on preseason record and too little on "how did the starting unit look". That's been the real issue this preseason IMO. I don't care who wins the games what concerns me is that the starting units on both sides of the ball and the special teams have looked bad.

I think people are focusing too much on preseason record and too little on "how did the starting unit look". That's been the real issue this preseason IMO. I don't care who wins the games what concerns me is that the starting units on both sides of the ball and the special teams have looked bad.

Exactly! The Raiders have won all of their preseason games but their starters have looked horrible in each one of those games.

You know, that is a valid concern, but I think that people are also forgetting that we still have time to improve, and that we've played like yesterday(aka doodoo) last year during that terrible Giants game. It's not like we're going all out, our first definitive look at the Redskins will come September 11th and not any sooner. Also, I think people forget about the team we saw last year. The defense isn't going to get any worse, and the offense looks to get better. Plus, we have real leaders on this team like Marcus Washington, Clinton Portis and Mark Brunell to get this team back in shape. It's redundant, I know, but since the game doesn't really matter, there's no reason for the fans to be worried. Gibbs knows what he's doing, and he'll have the team ready for when the season starts.

I also find it interesting that Gibbs said he only gameplanned for one day out of the week for this game. Not an excuse, we have a lot of improvement to do, but don't think we won't improve.

I also find it interesting that Gibbs said he only gameplanned for one day out of the week for this game. Not an excuse, we have a lot of improvement to do, but don't think we won't improve.

Are we sure it was a whole day? I hope not.. that was a lot of precious time to lay that egg..

I would bet at least in previous years the offense could score. Redskins offense was terrible last year except for portis and Moss when Brunell could get the ball to him. Offense has scores 17 points in 3 games thats less than any other team.

Defense has given up 89 points thats more than any other team.

I doubt that ever happen to Gibbs in preseason before

Archived