Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lumsden Player of the game

skinsaddict

and the ignorant fools I am refering too are the ones who assume the guy sucks becasue he played in Canada and they have never heard of him.. The Coaching staff is in fact smart becasue they see a kid with the talent Jesse has putting up numbers like he did in College, the Shrine game and the CFL and get the guy in for a try out.

And why would they add another running back? well it would be foolish of me to think that they did this soley becasue they dont have confidence in Lumsden, the coaches does not have confidence in the "that guy could be a starter" Ladell Betts, Special teams Hero Rock Cartwright, and the guy who's named after a cartoon fish.

The guy has been injured twice in his career, its jsut unforntunate for him they both happened during his preseason tryouts with NFL teams, so he didint get his chances to carry the ball in the first and second preseason games. Now he's got oen game to show whats he's got and it furstates the hell out of me being a Redskind fan and a Lumsden fan, becasue I know that Jesse will not give up on his goal of playing in the NFL, even if its for anotehr team, and it would be a damn shame to see him catch on with another club that maybe needs some help at RB when he was in camp with the Skins.

Yeah, sometimes ignorant fools FURSTATE:doh: me too, being a REDSKIND fan and all. I mean, if he goes to ANOTEHR team, SOLEY BECASUE:doh: he DIDINT get enough carries it would be a real shame. But if that cartoon fish makes the team it would be awesome.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I find it amusing that so many people waste their time wondering about the future of the #4 backup running back on the Redskins. Lumsden is not going to help this team win anything in 2006. Worrying about his status this year was like being all upset about the team letting Sultan McCullough go a couple of years ago.

And actually McCullough played much better in the preseason for the Redskins than Lumsden has. He rushed for 90 yards in one game and broke a 50 yarder in another game.

At least those were statistics you can chew on.

Lumsden has been a ghost.

Every time you actually get to SEE this guy play, it's something exciting. Problem is, we just don't get to see him.

He's a ghost? If you mean "this kid's got skills that are scary", I agree completely.

I'm banking on the fact that we're not seeing much of him is a good thing - yeah, he's still developmental, but if they're hiding him away from any film opps, they may just be hiding him from other teams...

Every time you actually get to SEE this guy play, it's something exciting. Problem is, we just don't get to see him.

He's a ghost? If you mean "this kid's got skills that are scary", I agree completely.

I'm banking on the fact that we're not seeing much of him is a good thing - yeah, he's still developmental, but if they're hiding him away from any film opps, they may just be hiding him from other teams...

I think you're trying a little hard on the optimism(sp) on that one hehe.

When you're on the losing end of 41-0, preseason or not, you don't deserve a player of the game.

You have to remember that we were watching the local broadcast. So of course they'll chose a skins player(I'm sure the Pats local station had a Pats player for POG) despite the score.

Lumsden was a longshot to make the team anyway, and with Duckett aboard forget about it. Just another training camp underdog that some fans fell in love with for some reason, guess it was that scrimmage that got people excited.

No it was seeing him Rushing for a then record of 1400 yards in 8 games with 20 TD's in college.....and then following it up the next year with 1800 yards in 8 games with 21 TD's that got people excited (10 YPC each season). Granted that was canadian Univeristy football but when he was the leading rusher in the Shrine game on limited carries showed people that he is just a good of prospect as the US college players in that game. Then when he performed at a high level in 6 CFL games after being cut by Seattle last pre-season (hip injury) it showed that he can hang with guys who, are not NFL starter caliber, but at least the caliber of NFL backups.

Most Canadians get excited about Jesse making it in the NFL, because his abilities would not be used to their full potential in the CFL which has always been a passing league, not a running one.

Archived