Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Post Game Thread -- Skins at Pats.

Art

Frankly, I don't care what anyone says: "its just pre season, they're not running the offense, they're not doing play action, reverses, misdirection, shifts, motions, cha cha cha, etc."

The bottom line is these men are not ready to play. People say they're not doing the above things, then why use the starters? Why risk injury (hint, portis) if you're not going to run game scripted plays? The defense looks sharp at times and much more vulnerable at others. And after last night, I'm dreading the Skins' 1st opponent that uses a 2 TE set. I mean, wow, that wasn't Tom Brady's credit. Watson was open the whole night, I think Brunell could've hit him. And special teams, same story, penalties and great starting field position for the opponent.

Some may say its just pre season, but it was for NE too, and the Jets. This needs to get better quick.

It will take a while to grasp SAunders system, but we should be showing more improvement than this. Getting skunked, regardless of the time of year, is unacceptable. I know that with CP the entire look of the offense will change, but I am starting to get a little nervous.

Shame on most of you! I assumed you were FANS-not naysaying, doomsdaying, Chicken Little freak-outers! Fans SUPPORT their team-rain or shine, win or lose... Sure, nobody liked getting spanked last night, but it happens and it's our job (as the 12th man) to offer hope and encouragement. I've always felt that the 'skins play better when they're down and they have their backs to the wall.

BRING IT ON!

LET'S GO!!

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!!!!!

well, being the age i am, and i have always been a skins fan, saw sammy baugh play. yes this is preseason. means nothing many say. well, the only thing it means to me, is how does the starters look during their brief appearances, can the starters move the ball, even without the full playbook, should not the team be able to block, run, pass during that brief period. our all pro tackles seem to be getting beat regularly these days. that is not good even preseason. i am mainly concerned about the offensive line, because they are the key to success. they have not done a thing yet. who cares about the playbook and all the gadget special plays. if you cant beat the guy across from you man to man, then we have a big problem during the regular season. defense, same thing, yes it is called vanilla, but, again, the starters still should be able to play the fundementals of the game, tackling, covering, plugging the wholes what is so schematic about that, when the other team is doing the same thing. i have never seen the skins, especially this years version, play with so little purpose, passion, even if it is preseason. horrific example of a solid team. i am talking about the starters. and, if we have to depend on the backups, it looks to be a long season. i will still be glued to the tube, pulling for them, but, i am really anxious about, the year now.

OK.

1) So, Mark Brunell sucks and should be shipped off to the middle east and we should start JC.... :rolleyes:

2) Since, Dallas is 3-0 and we are 0-3 in the ******* PRESEASON, we should just chalk it up and rebuild this team.. :rolleyes:

3) Joe Gibbs should be fired because his team lost 3 straight PRESEASON games... :rolleyes:

4) Our defense needs to be overhauled because we let Ben Watson get 8 catches on us.. ONOES!!! :rolleyes:

5) Al Saunders was a mistake because our offense, one in which we are NOT calling ANY plays that we will use in the REGULAR SEASON, has done next to nothing... :rolleyes:

I think that just touches base with what you so called 'fans' are saying. :rolleyes:

I have a preposition for you:

1) Once Brunell has a nice season and leads us to the playoffs AGAIN.. please stay off his jock and continue to bash him.

2) After we have a better REGULAR SEASON record than the Dallas Cowboys.. Please, don a blue and silver jersey. This team does not need your negative energy and to be honest you are an embarrassment to this fanbase...

3) Bashing the guy that brought us to the playoffs for the first time in 7 years is foolish. Joe Gibbs is the best thing that happened to this team in its entire history. Please, continue to call for his head.

4) Our defense did not have C Griff, P. Daniels.. that right there should just be enough to show why we stunk it up on defense. When in the world do we use 2 deep safety's? OH YEAH, during the PRESEASON!!

5) Al Saunders is arguably THE BEST offensive guru in this league.. He had one of the best offenses with arguably less talent. Still hate the best offseason move this team did this year? :rolleyes:

Please, go root for another team. Being concerned and/or worried is understandable. Hoping this team is just showing a vanilla offense/defense is A OK. However, calling for the heads of the same people that brought us to 5 straight wins to put us in the playoffs, a 5-1 record in our own ******* divison, A SWEEP OF THE COWBOYS AND EAGLES, and a transfusion of Burgundy and Gold blood that this team and our entire fanbase needed.. is foolish and you being unable to comprehend that makes you look uneducated on Redskins football and even worse, you look like a bandwagon fan..

Once this team proves that what you have seen so far in the preseason is not what this team truly is, DO NOT praise how Brunell, our team overall, Joe Gibbs, our defense, or even Al Saunders are your heros.

As Dent19 has said:

The bandwagon has left the barn, looks empty now. 3 legged horse looks sick.... the right wheel is wobbling...... dont think it will make it......

RIP TO THE BANDWAGON.............

To all of the people that are giving up on this team already, please jump off and stay off. :doh:

I don't know why people are bashing our team. It doesn't make any sense. I am not worried nor will I put discredit upon any player. I love the team we have and I feel we will make the playoffs again and have a better team to go farther into the post season.

They did not play with any heart. I think they need to run laps for every mistake and someone or something needs to get these boys fired up.

Huly, if they had to run laps for every mistake, they would be running non-stop until the end of September :)

I don't know why people are bashing our team. It doesn't make any sense. I am not worried nor will I put discredit upon any player. I love the team we have and I feel we will make the playoffs again and have a better team to go farther into the post season.

Name one thing that's taken place during this preseason that's led to feel this way. I haven't seen one thing to indicate this is even as good as last year's team. In fact, it's the worst looking team I've ever seen under Joe Gibbs, and it isn't because it's just preseason. This team isn't executing even the most basic fundamentals. That's the sign of a bad team.

Is everyone paranoid or something? It's preseason, it doesn't mean anything. It is 4 dumb games where rookies or players in position battles show what they are made of. Who cares that we've gotten outscored 87-17, doesn't bother me. Vikings are first and then the rest of the league will be brutally mashed in.

Name one thing that's taken place during this preseason that's led to feel this way. I haven't seen one thing to indicate this is even as good as last year's team. In fact, it's the worst looking team I've ever seen under Joe Gibbs, and it isn't because it's just preseason. This team isn't executing even the most basic fundamentals. That's the sign of a bad team.

Post bookmarked. :yes:

Is everyone paranoid or something? It's preseason, it doesn't mean anything. It is 4 dumb games where rookies or players in position battles show what they are made of. Who cares that we've gotten outscored 87-17, doesn't bother me. Vikings are first and then the rest of the league will be brutally mashed in.

Is it because it's preseason that Brunell is underhtrowing his receivers? Is it because it's preseason the O line isn't making their blocks? Is it because it's preseason the defense is always out of position and/or committing pass interference? I'm not buying it.

You sound like a French soldier.

"There's nothing to worry about! The Nazis haven't even reached Paris yet!"

Yeah like i said, "it's only preseason, you moron". French soldier? No, an american soldier. The regular season hasn't even started yet and most of you paranoid idiots are bashing everyone on the team. We have a Hall of Fame coach, which is why I am not worried. So continue with the bashing....would you like a baseball bat?

Archived