Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

smoking meat/mixing wood

smashmowf

This past weekend I smoked some ribs with mesquite wood......but the only bbq sauce I had was a Hickory and brown sugar flavor....suprisingly it tasted pretty good...which leads to my question....has anyone smoked meat with hickory then mesquite...or any other wood type...just wondering.

http://www.smoking-meat.com/

All you will ever need to know about smoking meats.

BTW, if you need sauce for your ribs you are not cooking them right.... :hungry:

Cool....nah I didn't really need sauce I've been just tryin different method to find my niche....I just started in June (I'm a recovered "gas" user lol).....this last batch was the best yet....far better than the first....I'll check the site out though.

This past weekend I smoked some ribs with mesquite wood......but the only bbq sauce I had was a Hickory and brown sugar flavor....suprisingly it tasted pretty good...which leads to my question....has anyone smoked meat with hickory then mesquite...or any other wood type...just wondering.

I have done it once or twice before, it was ok. Usually, I use the Jack Daniels wood chips (not chunks) soaked in water. I am a chicken man myself. My rub for whole chickens is garlic, paparika, thyme, sage, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, and brown sugar. I then violate the chicken and shove a jumbo yellow onion up its ass with about 6 or 7 whole garlic cloves. Smoke that mofo for about 5 hours. Pull it, and make sandwiches and then you put some Sticky Fingers Original BBQ sauce on it.

The great thing about making BBQ chicken is its cheap, you can get a whole chicken around a buck a pound. so I might spend 5-6 bucks for a 4.5-5lb chicken.

Hahahahahaha...smoking "meat" and mixing "wood" hahahahaha. Sorry..I let my immaturity get the best of me :( By the way all the suggestions sounds delightful..if you guys are ever in my area, bring some of that meat and we'll smoke it. I'm sure we can find some wood somewhere ;).

Art is your friend

http://extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103032&highlight=smoke

http://extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56157&highlight=smoke

http://extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101717&highlight=smoke

I've smoked with a mix of hickory and mesquite many times. I'm also into apple wood, live oak, and orange wood. I get the orange and live oak for free from a friend with a tree service.

I do a marinated london broil. I't my own concoction, and does have orange juice in it, so the orange wood is perfect. The oak works well on ribs or steaks. The apple wood I get at the supermarket. It's real nice on a roasting chicken.

Yeah, Art's terrific. He knows a lot. You can PM for specifics. Very helpful.

Though I haven't seen him around in a while. Maybe the whole April Fool's Day thing wasn't a joke? :paranoid:

Hahahahahaha...smoking "meat" and mixing "wood" hahahahaha. Sorry..I let my immaturity get the best of me :( By the way all the suggestions sounds delightful..if you guys are ever in my area, bring some of that meat and we'll smoke it. I'm sure we can find some wood somewhere ;).

Damn it! Now my immaturity has the best of me!

Must be contagious.

Archived