Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FedEx season tix holders who are die hard cowboys fans???

hoskins

So while waiting in the line last night for forward pass, I was next to another first time season ticket holder. He seemed like a very nice, polite person, a guy my age, mid-thirties. And he was very happy with his seat location and was looking forward to enjoying the rest of the season.

The only odd thing is he was a cowboys fan! He was wearing his cowboys t-shirt and hat and the whole bit.

Now, season tickets cost a lot of money (at least for those of us who work for a living). And they require waiting for years or paying the very expensive touchdown club fees or paying the painful 2006 club level prices. I cannot even imagine for a second paying Jerry Jones and company thousands of dollars a year to watch their stupid team play 10 games. I certainly wouldn't waste a nickel watching the cowboys play the Jets in a pre-season game!

He seemed like a nice guy, so I didnt' push him on it. But are you guys aware of other cowboys fans who own Redskins season tickets??? Is it me, or is that just weird?

My wife thinks some people just enjoy sitting at place like FedEx wearing cowboys gear just to get reactions from other people. But 10 games a year for thousands of dollars? That just seems silly to me.

Don't get me wrong, it's a free country and I believe people should be able to buy season tickets to whatever stadium they want if they have the cash. But I'm just trying to understand the motivation. I don't care how rich I get, I can't see being a cowboys season ticket holder. Just the letter you get with the tickets would make me want to vomit.

Archived