Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYJets.com-Jets look for Capital Gains w/o Pennington

Walking Deadman

Guess we'll get to see alot of Patrick with Pennington not playing.

"On Saturday night, the New York Jets will line up against the Washington Redskins at FedEx Field as both teams attempt to even their preseason records at 1-1. The Jets will be without the services of quarterback Chad Pennington. Pennington, a seven-year signal caller from Marshall, was excused by Coach Mangini Friday night for personal reasons."..............

"Ramsey played just one series in the Jets preseason opener, but he could see considerable time against his former teammates. In four season with the ‘Skins, Ramsey passed for 5,649 yards and 34 touchdowns"

For full article:

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/articles/show_article?short_name=news&article_id=846

I know they're saying Pennington is being excused for personal reasons, but a small part of me thinks that Mangini is relieving him because he doesn't want to throw Chad to our first team D.

I like Ramsey, but here is the only time you'll hear me agree with Lav Coles. "He's like an old girlfriend, you have to move on." Sorry Patrick, no mercy.

I know they're saying Pennington is being excused for personal reasons, but a small part of me thinks that Mangini is relieving him because he doesn't want to throw Chad to our first team D.

I like Ramsey, but here is the only time you'll hear me agree with Lav Coles. "He's like an old girlfriend, you have to move on." Sorry Patrick, no mercy.

Well, when our first team had 3 sacks in 3 drives (or something like that) and lots of pressure in the Bengals game......you don't want to throw Pennington into that (esp. with a very young O line).

They got lucky he didn't get injured vs the Bucs.

They also know that Ramsey is good for a hit or two with little injury issues.

Espn wrote that there is an illness in pennington family.

I know Ramsey is playing us, but I really want him to win out the starting job. So I hope he does well against our 2nd string D.

I wish him well too...though I don't want him to do well against our 2nd string D. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. I hope he wins and keeps the starting job and has a hell of a career for the NYJ....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2554245&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. -- Jets quarterback Chad Pennington will miss Saturday's preseason game against Washington because of a family illness.

Coach Eric Mangini excused Pennington for the weekend, the team said Friday. Pennington also missed practice Thursday.

Pennington is involved in a four-player competition for the starting job, but is the favorite to win it. Quarterbacks Patrick Ramsey, Kellen Clemens and Brooks Bollinger are expected to play against the Redskins

Archived