Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Riggins Jersey

Redskins75

Just curious, but I cant find a decent one for a low price ($79.99 - 99.99). I got on nfl.com and went to the shop and entered in Riggins, #44, as the name and number for a customizable jersey. It worked, it allowed it. I tested it by trying to enter Mexico, #7, for a Vick jersey and it wouldnt allow it. Has anyone sucessfully ordered a Riggins jersey like this? Just curious.

I tested it by trying to enter Mexico, #7, for a Vick jersey and it wouldnt allow it. Has anyone sucessfully ordered a Riggins jersey like this? Just curious.

You lost me here, Ricky Bobby. I think you may have meant a Skins jersey with Mexico 7 on it.

NFL Shop does have a list of banned names/numbers that they won't make.

You lost me here, Ricky Bobby. I think you may have meant a Skins jersey with Mexico 7 on it.

NFL Shop does have a list of banned names/numbers that they won't make.

I switched teams to see if Mexico, #7 would work for a Falcons jersey, because I remember they banned it when the news came out that he had herpes and signed in the medical clinic under Ron Mexico. If you remember, everyone flooded NFL.com to buy a "Mexico" Vick jersey. Riggens was allowed, though, so I am wondering if I can pull it off?

That's how I ordered my Riggins, but it was 5 yrs ago. I remember this being an issue when everyone wanted to order a "Tillman" jersey, until they banned those as well.

I say try it and see!

BTW, are you getting Burgundy or White?

Definately burgundy.

That's how I ordered my Riggins, but it was 5 yrs ago. I remember this being an issue when everyone wanted to order a "Tillman" jersey, until they banned those as well.

I say try it and see!

BTW, are you getting Burgundy or White?

You can still order "Tillman" jerseys.

This brings up a point I meant to ask before.

Does it matter to anybody that the jersey is not a "true throwback" because any jersey that you order now, regardless of name or number, will have the NFL logo on the throat and "Redskins" right under it? I know some people are picky about that, as well as sewn on numbers vs. old school "iron on".

My Riggins, like I said, I got 5 yrs ago when we wore the Adidas jersey. No Redskins on the chest, but the NFL is on the neck and the numbers are sewn on. I get compliments on it regardless, probably cuz it's #44.

So, does is it matter?

Does it matter to anybody that the jersey is not a "true throwback" because any jersey that you order now, regardless of name or number, will have the NFL logo on the throat and "Redskins" right under it? I know some people are picky about that, as well as sewn on numbers vs. old school "iron on".

My Riggins, like I said, I got 5 yrs ago when we wore the Adidas jersey. No Redskins on the chest, but the NFL is on the neck and the numbers are sewn on. I get compliments on it regardless, probably cuz it's #44.

So, does is it matter?

Not to me really. I just want a decent quality one and not have to pay hundreds of dollars for it.

I asked the guy working at the Redskins store if they had any Riggins jerseys by any chance, and he said, "Riggins? Who's Riggins?" You should have seen the look on my face when he said that. I responded, "You don't know who John Riggins is? The Diesel? Super Bowl XVII? 70 Chip? The greatest play in Redskins history?" I spent the next few minutes giving him a Redskins history lesson. He was probably only about 18-19, so I should probably cut him some slack for not knowing, but DAMN...he works in a REDSKINS store! He mentioned that his parents had a Redskins DVD with past highlights on it...I recommended he watch it, and experience a bit of the power and glory that was John Riggins, #44... :cheers:

There are some knowledgeable people about jerseys, but I doubt they would care if you were wearing a fake. I doubt anyone would to be honest, if I see a badly made #44 with Riggins on it, I will still feel happy to see a Redskins jersey/fan around proudly supporting our colors.

Just curious, but I cant find a decent one for a low price ($79.99 - 99.99). I got on nfl.com and went to the shop and entered in Riggins, #44, as the name and number for a customizable jersey. It worked, it allowed it. I tested it by trying to enter Mexico, #7, for a Vick jersey and it wouldnt allow it. Has anyone sucessfully ordered a Riggins jersey like this? Just curious.

Yes,

I got one for my wife last year.

FYI: DON'T USE NFL SHOP-- that Riggins jersey she got last year, she only wore once (maybe twice) and the numbers have already peeled off.

go through CBS, ESPN, Reebok or ebay.

So, does is it matter?

To me,

NO.......I own "authentic" knockoffs and I personally like them.

Now I've seen real "authentics" at Redskins stores and I don't notice that much difference in quality.

Frankly, you got skins colors on......cool.

jerseys just look nicer to represent than t-shirts, but any kind will do.

Matter of fact sometimes replicas are more confortable to me b/c they've been washed more and I don't care if I spill something on them (vs authentics).

Yes,

I got one for my wife last year.

FYI: DON'T USE NFL SHOP-- that Riggins jersey she got last year, she only wore once (maybe twice) and the numbers have already peeled off.

go through CBS, ESPN, Reebok or ebay.

Thanks for the info bro! I dont want the **** peeling off.

Archived